Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jboyle
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Telstra IP at new residence

Hi there,

Has anyone else seen a Telstra IP appear through speedtest.net on a FTTB reconnection? Just moved house and the new address has these unusual results.

My results are showing a Telstra origin IP and the speed looks like it's on the minimum plan where I'm expecting 25Mbp/s with the speed upgrade.

Speedtest

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Telstra IP at new residence

Hey @jboyle,

This actually came up last week. I had a customer come through advising that he was receiving a Telstra IP address. The issue lied in the fact that there was an existing Telstra service assigned to the port he was using on the NTD (FTTP service). Now in your case, it's quite possible that you have two separate lines running into the home. We may have an Optus service active on one and a Telstra service active on the other. It sounds like the old occupier hasn't actually disconnected their Telstra service. How many sockets do you have within the home? Are you able to try another socket and submit another speed test result? There's really no other explanation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
jboyle
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey @Dan_C, jumped on live chat last night for support! Got some great assistance in troubleshooting the line and it's been moved to a back-end investigatoin. I only have one line in the house and that was returning these results. Very strange. Will post up when this has been resolved.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@jboyle,

Ah, Awesome. Glad to hear that they were helpful 🙂 

We've actually got your details logged on our end. I've conducted a quick service qualification via NBN's service management portal. We've got two lines located at address - Unit 204, 80 Dawson Street, Brunswick, VIC 3056

One is coming up as in use and the other is logged as available. I have a feeling that what I'd advised initally may actually be the case here. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jboyle
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C just heard from my partner working from home that the internet is now offline altogether Smiley Sad

Any idea if this is from the back-end team activity? Reference is #17682279

We've definitely had a hunt through the place for connections and only found one jack. Behind the TV we do have two antenna connections and standard aerial connection. I don't believe these relate though?

Is there anyway to identify the end points of these two lines?

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@jboyle, sorry to leave you hanging.

I've had a scroll through the remarks left under ticket - 17624508. It looks like the issue actually stemmed from a fault DSLAM port. NBN have come back advising that they’ve actioned the following for us:

"Our field technician has attended the premises and has identified the 'Problem / Cause / Action Taken' as the following: • NBN DSLAM fault / Faulty ISAM Port / Transferred to new port our field technician tested the service is working to the First Telecommunications Outlet."

Are you able to confirm if the service is now up and running? Please let us know, more than happy to help out further with this one.

jboyle
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C tech came this morning and switched the port over in the basement. Looks like we're all good here now. Thanks for the follow up! 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Awesome! Glad to hear we got there in the end! If you have any follow up questions, shoot them on through 🙂 Otherwise have a great afternoon. 

0 Kudos