Searching...

Re: Telephone sockets not working

gandk169

Hi Vicky,  I now have the phone with extra handsets.  It's not ideal and does drop out or has excessive static at times but at least I now have communition.  I'm not a fan of the new NBN (yet) as it's been a very expensive exercise for the 'free' change over.  I now have to figure out why I'm paying $90.00 per month instead of the promised $60.00...but that is another forum.  

I will now consider this subject solved and closed.  

Thanks to everyone who wrote in and helped.

gandk169

All is good now.  The handsets do the job so count this one as solved.

Highlighted

Panooone69

You’re far too kind. Many other people are about to go through the same hell and extra expense that you suffered.

We will all be forced to move to the NBN as it’s connected in our respective areas. And our pre-existing ADSL connections will be disabled within 18 months of that time.

One thing you should note before you’re done with this is to consider your home phone rental. As you stated, you’re now paying considerably more for a plan that is less efficient. That is unacceptable.

• During the sign-up process (which I also went through and was similarly lied to) the service rep should have examined and questioned your current setup, rather than desperately trying to end the chat and have me accept the T&C. 
  • Any new NBN plan should take into account all fixed line phone connections. 

Having recently signed up myself...I’m sorry to say that Optus have let me down again in so many ways.

Any moderator reading should not respond to me. I’ve been there and done that with no resolve. Time to start hammering social media. 

truthsayer

k this is happening every where...

even with telstra I had problem  I started with 5 out lets and reduced down to one and so when a power black outs  we lose  emergency services for the disabled... 

they placed me on  one socket and stated we are nbn ready and yet  we dont  get it here for 12 more months.

now after checking I have found out  you can request a copper connect from  the nbx to the phone outlet. 

They are assuming every human has a mobile phone  and  many dont... they are endangering  human life with the disabled....

some say  that  we should  get hand free and use multi connection with that

same problem. Telecommunication is taken our rights away on how we set up  our system at home.

all I can advise is when you ring back up ask them for  extra copper from the nbn box to individual  sockets they can do it .....

from whirlpool 

User #207189   411 posts
Forum Regular
reference: whrl.pl/Rdggz4
posted 2012-Jul-25, 10:25 am AEST
O.P.

So my old Mum has two landline phones in the house on the same number (one in the front of the house, one in the back of the house).

When the NBN is connected to her house, and assuming the "box" is put in the front room, what is involved in then getting the phone at the back of the house connected up to it? Does she need to get a techo out to run a different type of cable from the box to the phone at the back, or can the existing copper cable leading to the back be spliced into the box?

User #31207   6227 posts
Whirlpool Forums Addict
reference: whrl.pl/RdggBY
posted 2012-Jul-25, 10:33 am AEST

You will need to recable it 
So run a copper cable from the NTD back to the Telstra box on the side of the house

I my self prefer a phone not depended on   batteries for my health and  safety...

if you have elderly or handicap in the house  use this  to ask for a second phone  not linked to modem...

we better be careful other wise they will um  say only one computer per house Smiley Happy

I should not joke about it but I hope this helps 

Or buy a cordless phone which has 2 handsets

edualsa

OPTUS, You and your mob are a despicable joke

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos