Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Leoj
New Contributor
New Contributor

Technical Glitch blamed for cancelled service

Hi all, 

I received an SMS from Optus this morning letting me know about changes to my NBN and home phone service - the change being the service will be cancelled shortly!!

After going through the long winded "chat" process, I've been informed due to a technical glitch my service was cancelled today (was working fine last night).   Now Optus is telling me it will be 5-10 days to get my service active again, albeit with a new home phone number.  

Anyone else had a technical glitch in recent days leading to a cancelled service?  Not sure what my options are here now. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: Technical Glitch blamed for cancelled service

Hi @Leoj, thanks for getting in touch with us. Oh, that's not ideal at all! 

Since we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Technical Glitch blamed for cancelled service

@LeojIf you do a search in the yescrowd main page you may find a handful of other people who have technical glitchs over the last few months. I remember seeing one or two in the past few months, but it's few and far between them.

If you need NBN NOW I would check out aussie broadband who I have seen can reconnect you to the NBN within a few hours, but ask and check that this is still the case.

0 Kudos