cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Talking to an Australian Optus customer service agent.

Sooo many people are complaining about not been able to understand foreign customer service operators and to not been understood by them (that is when you manage to talk to someone and not a machine for 20mns).

They tell you on all the TV programs like ACA and others, to ask to be transfered to an Australian operator and that they are obligated to do so ...... BS.

Last time I called Optus NBN support, I had issues with the "technician" (they are not really technicians, they just follow a procedure written for them on a what to say list), anyway, I have asked to be transfered to a person in Australia and the reply was "I am sorry sir, there is no technical customer support service in Australia, it is all based oversease, we can log a call and Optus will send a technician to your house, but you cannot speak to someone in Australia" 😞

No wonder why there is so many unemployed in Australia.

3 Replies
Occasional Contributor sunnybee
Occasional Contributor

Re: Talking to an Australian Optus customer service agent.

exactly! I'm now trying to do everything through online chat for better understanding and a record. Phone calls from Optus were just terrible that I could hardly understand what they were talking about particually when Engligh isn't my native language. What a shame, I was thinking it my own problem that my listening wasn't good enough to get them. it's good to know that I'm not alone. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

No, you are not alone, but you know, I just did a chat with Optus about another thing, and it was useless as well, they could not answer a simple question and it took half an hour to get .... no answer ! But at least I have a proof on paper that they are very incompetent.

Good luck with your dealings with Optus, it will not be easy.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor sunnybee
Occasional Contributor

it's definitely not easy. I have spent more than 3 weeks to get a real technician to my place, which is still yet to happen, and I've saved all the chat histories in case I need to cancel the contract with Optus. All the guys I chatted with were very good at saying "sorry" and copy&paste works though.  

0 Kudos