Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Tablet not getting IP address from WiFi router

I have a device that is not able to connect to the router. I can see the device on the list of devices on the mofem, but it does not have an ip address and not connected successfully.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tablet not getting IP address from WiFi router

Have you tried resetting the network settings on the problem device?

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have tried hard reseting the device and the router and it has the same issue. the device can connect to other networks, which means it is the router that has the issue
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi - what is the modem model, does it broadcast separate SSIDs for 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands and what is the model of the Tablet  - is it only capable of 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 Ghz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The tablet is capable of 2.4ghz and 5ghz. both connections from the router has the same problem on the tablet. it shows as a saved network but not able to connect and get an ip.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@SithiS wrote:
it shows as a saved network

Tell it to forget the network, and then reconnect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have tried all the basic solutions, so all reseting, forgetting sometimes I have tried. this is the view on the router pageScreenshot_20200513-145249~2.jpgScreenshot_20200514-210010.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I tried reserving an ip for the mac address, but that did not work. the modem is a sagemcom 5366
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@SithiS wrote:
I tried reserving an ip for the mac address, but that did not work. the modem is a sagemcom 5366

You Nexus may be remembering old details. Have you tried going to the Nexus network settings and telling it to forget the current connections for your 5366? i.e. you need to get to the point where the Nexus ask you the enter the password for the 5366.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have tried all the basic solutions with no success. forgetting has been done multiple times and still no connection. I have tried changing the network name and password and then reconnect, but that also does not work. this appears to be a problem with the modem.
0 Kudos