Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Thoscy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Switching NBN from TPG with home phone

Hi, I am trying to change my ISP from TPG to Optus and carry my home phone number across.  I tried applying online and everything went well until the last step at which I need to provide the name of my home phone service provider from a drop-down list.  However, TPG is not on the list, and I cannot complete the order without selecting a service provider!?  Why is TPG not on the service provider list?  How do I proceed from here?  As a matter of interest, iinet is on the list and I understand iinet and TPG are the same company.  But I don't want to make a mistake and later lose my phone number which has been with us for over 40 years!  Can somebody help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kartika

Re: Switching NBN from TPG with home phone

Hi @Thoscy, once you place an order online that is not the final order. You will receive a call back from our Sales support team to confirm the order in order to proceed. In saying that you are best to speak with our online sales team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 133937 Mon - Fri, 8am - 9pm Sat, 9am - 7pm Sun, 9am - 6pm (AEST) to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Thoscy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply post.  Without selecting a phone service provider, I cannot complete the order online!  If I proceed without asking for the home phone to be retained, I am afraid I might lose my existing home phone number which we had for over 40 years!?  Why is TPG not listed as a ISP?

0 Kudos
Kartika

Appreciate where you are coming from, @Thoscy. I have tagged your post as feedback to our online team for review. In the mean time just speak with sales directly on the contact details above to proceed with your order. Unfortunately, we don`t have access to customers order / account on this public forum. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Thoscy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Tartika for your help.  I actually spoke to a call-centre person and he pointed out that there is an entry on the list under "o" called others!  So, I completed my order using that option as my provider!  All done.  Waiting for confirmation.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Glad to hear that @Thoscy and thanks for letting us know. Have a great weekend and stay safe. 

0 Kudos