Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Somap
New Contributor
New Contributor

Switch to NBN

Has  anyone had problems with the phone number not switching over to the NBN. Have now been allocated a new phone number without my consent . Cannot seem to get any asistance 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Switch to NBN

That seems to happen more often than it should. Optus are suppose to register your existing number with the NBN so NBN can set it up on their system when you are activated. 

Try ringing NBN and asking what number is showing on their records. Ask them if that can be changed by request from Optus now.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if anyone has managed to get a number back once gone. The next point is to get someone at Optus to request the NBN update the number involved. Depending on who you get to help ... ?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Switch to NBN

Hey @Somap, generally speaking we would issue you with a brand new number unless you do specifically request to keep your existing one.

I do hope that this has since been resolved for you! If not, please chat with us via Live Chat here HERE so we can help out 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos