Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Noirami
New Contributor
New Contributor

Stuffed around no internet

Don’t know what happened tonight but started off with high ping, so contacted support with Optus, normal bs turn off turn on, 

next min, no internet at all soooo pissed off. Now it’s going to take days to fix wtf , do they even know what the are doing there at Optus, like going from simple lag to them checking the problem, now nothing, think I’m at the point where I’m done with the company, 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tano
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Stuffed around no internet

Hey @Noirami, sorry to hear that! Can appreciate that the standard troubleshooting can seem a bit repetitive but it's necessary to tick all the boxes and isolate the cause. Resetting the network connection often does improve things, and that you lost connection after the reset wouldn't have been caused by that, it's likely a symptom of the issue more broadly that's yet to be diagnosed. Were you provided a fault/reference number we could take a look at?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Noirami
New Contributor
New Contributor

No didn’t get a reference number. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Well things do go wrong. 

The issue may be beyond Optus direct control as your intrnet is supplied by NBNCo now. There may also be an issue with your modem. I agree that the support process can be frustrating and definitely a factor when choosing an RSP. One plus with the NBN is that switching ISPs is very easy (while not under contract). Hopefully that fact will encourage Optus to improve their processes over time.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Tano
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Noirami, are you able to detail in what capacity you were told it would take a few days to fix? This makes me think a fault ticket was created if you were advised of a resolution time. Or was it in relation to a network outage in your area? Happy to take a look and see what's happening, send through a private message with the full name, phone/account number and DOB and we'll work from there.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Noirami
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes things do go wrong yes, Had NBN tech here fo a hour today and still no internet, they say there is no problem their end and so does Optus, so where does that leave the person that pays for a service that can’t use it. 

Really wish I had my adsl back never in the 10 years or so had a problem.

Well if if It’s not back tomorrow, think I’m looking else where for my isp

0 Kudos
Tano
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Noirami I'm sorry to hear that 😞 If you're still having issues, likely the fault ticket is still open. We'll need to update the case management team. Can you send through a private message so we can discuss the notes there?

0 Kudos