cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor anaik
Occasional Contributor

Streaming Device & IP TV not working via LAN on new NBN router/modem Sagemcom Fast 5366 TN

Recently I upgraded from Optus ADSL2+ to Optus NBN. Although I can connect to internet via WIFI, none of the LAN ports appear to work with my streaming devices (LG BD Player to connect to NETFLIX)  and IP TV box.  However they work via WIFI but I dont want to use WIFI as it is not 100% reliable. I can connect my laptop to LAN ports to connect to my office network so it does not appear to be a physical port issue. Live Chat did not help as they have no clue when it comes to technical issues aoart from asking me to reset the modem.

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Streaming Device & IP TV not working via LAN on new NBN router/modem Sagemcom Fast 5366 TN

Hi - a few possibilities for you to check.

When you disconnected or 'Forget Network' the Wi-Fi Settings in your LG BD and IPTV Box and set up the LAN Network Configuration within them, using AUTO Configuration, did each device confirm its LAN network connectivity by showing you its F@ST 5366 TN credentials - the DHCP Gateway Address, the device's IP Address (maybe different to previous Wi-Fi IP Address), the SubNet Mask and the Optus DNS Server Information? If no, can you manually configure the credentials into the devices and see if that works. Do your devices need to be Restarted?  Usually modems have LEDs on the LAN ports to verify when active connections and transmissions are in place - streaming devices may be operating at 100 Mbps but they should also light up LEDs - are these ON? 

Assuming that since streaming Wi-Fi connection works for these devices, Sagemcom settings for UPnP, WMM and IGMP Snooping for multicasting are working. Does the LG BD have a 'Network Connection Diagnostics' link in its user menus to help solve the mystery?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Re: Streaming Device & IP TV not working via LAN on new NBN router/modem Sagemcom Fast 5366 TN

Thanks for the promote response. All credentials do appear yet the streaming device can't connect to Netflix. Firewalll setting on modem/router is medium stopping all traffic from WAN to LAN. But there is no option to change it as it is greyed. Also not sure if that is necessary as my laptop can browse thru another LAN port. Yet there is something wrong.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Are you saying that the modem also prevents you from streaming Netflix via the Laptop when it is connected to a LAN port? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I haven't specifically checked Netflix on my laptop. I will try but that device is not registered for Netflix so it may not work.  Will keep posted. Sorry for the tardiness in responding.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I am able to watch Netflix on my laptop connected via LAN port, so it might have to do something about the  LG BD player & IP TV box then?

Not quite sure what needs to be set up on those as I have set the DHCP & DNS on Auto mode. If I have to set static addresses, do I set them on the devices or on the modem/router or both?

Thanks once again for your help. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Is it only Netflix that doesn't stream when on Auto IP assignment, can you view YouTube or ABC iView or other services OK?  Have you tried connecting the LG BD using the same LAN cable that was used for your successful PC connection to the same LAN port that worked for your PC?

If manual assignment required, recommend you set static IP address for LG BD in the modem first, then program all the details for modem connectivity manually into the LG BD - Modem Gateway Address, LG BD reserved IP Address, SubNet Mask, Optus DNS Servers Primary and Secondary. Restart the LG BD and then try connection. If fails, there usually is a Network Connection Test screen within Blu-ray players that may indicate a possible source of the problem.  If I think of anything else during the day, will add to post. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Anaik - if you are using a VPN or proxy server to connect to your office from your PC at home, I can't see how that would influence the Optus modem LAN settings only for the LG BD and the IP TV but allow their alternative Wi-Fi path to work and for your PC on the same LAN to access Netflix. A mystery. 

LG BD Wireless Works - which implies all is OK - on the TV if navigate to Neflix Home Page - use the Netflix App Menu to choose Get Help in left hand margin - see the Optus Network Settings in the Netflix page - Test Network connection to the three Netflix Servers green ticked - should also show speed of Wi-Fi link with Successful confirmation. This worked for me on my Sony Blu-ray to non Smart Sony TV. 

LG BD Wired LAN - with Auto DHCP Settings or Manual Configure - do you see the Netflix home page after you select the Netflix icon so that you can undertake the same tests?  What happens - do you get some sort of Error - if so , then what does it say?

There is also an option to Reload the Netflix App, but I suspect that may be for Smart TVs only and not for external streaming input devices. You may wish to do a firmware check on the LG BD when it is on Wireless.  

If no change to status quo, the F@ST5366 TN is due to get an update in firmware soon to address initial relese issues which relate to the DNS server settings. Too early to tell if this may be influencing other areas unless more people start having the same experiences as you. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for suggestions. I will check & get back with find...

Thanks for suggestions. I will check & get back with findings.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors