Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Raemon_J
New Contributor
New Contributor

Still waiting and still no order no.

It’s been nearly three weeks since I ordered nbn and have received no order no. Or confirmation email. Rang up about it only to be told it will be another 10 working days and hung up on. I am at my wits end as every time I call up I’m waiting 1-2 hours only to be told it will another so many days. Why is it that it takes so long to swap over when other companies can do over the phone in a matter of days and not months like Optus does. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Still waiting and still no order no.

I can't believe the staff simply go "please wait <hang up phone>". 

You need to understand transferring the phone to NBN takes 10 working days (regardless of provider, this is a legally mandated timeframe not Optus mandated). 

I would simply contact Sales and ask them to transfer your service to NBN. Don't tell them you've already called or anything like that, just simply go "what can you do to transfer me to NBN". Hopefully this will spur them to put an order in the system and move forward.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Alestra
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Still waiting and still no order no.

After experiencing the same issues I have gone with another provider. I received the order number and confirmation within minutes. Yes there is a wait for installation but receiving confirmation of the order should be simple for Optus.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors