Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
seekae92
New Contributor
New Contributor

Speed Pack 4 not being applied to my account

Hi,

I recently had NBN installed at my house on Friday 6th of March. When i ordered it from Optus i ordered the Speed Pack 4 Upgrade which is clearly shown on the order confirmation. Upon completion of the installation i did a speed test and found out that i was only receiving 47mbs download. I called Optus and they advised that I was set up for Speed Pack 3 not 4. I requested it be upgraded to Speed Pack 4 that day. They said it was applied and would be working within 4 hours. I didnt work so i lodged a complaint and i now have a case reference number. The issue I am now facing is everytime the case manager calls me, there is no notes on my account or any reference at all that I have applied for speed pack 4 and i go through a constant loop between customer service applying speed pack 4 and the case manager ringing me to see if it is working. It still doesnt work and everytime the case manager calls there are still no notes on my account about the other 15 calls i have been through. My latest call with customer service was that Speed Pack 4 still wasnt applied to my account (Big Surprise) but they said there wasnt an access link to connect to to upgrade to speed pack 4.

My questions are,

why is that everytime i call someone or the case manager rings me, they have no information regarding the previous calls at all? Extremely frustrating and unprofessional

What is the access link they are referring to and how does it get fixed?

Its been almost a week now and i still dont have my desired speed I originally requested. If optus cant offer speed pack 4 why do they advertise it?

I am getting close to terminating my contract and moving on to a provider that will supply what they offer

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Unchained_Pat
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Speed Pack 4 not being applied to my account

And how is nbn delivered to your dwelling?
Hfc, fttn,fttc etc
0 Kudos
seekae92
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Being delivered through FTTC

0 Kudos
Unchained_Pat
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Others have had mixed results with speedpack 4 and fttc, optus used to wait for nbn line testing before offering speedpack 4 (due to accc requirement).
Telstra no longer offers speedpack 4 on fttc at all due to the line testing requirements
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus doesn't have a great record of continuity in NBN transfers. If something doesn't go right it will generally be up to you to keep chasing down the solution unfortunately. Some CS agents also have a habit of making up information like "its an access link" and you can get different reasons each time you call. The only answer IMO is to keep at it until it sticks (or switch to another RSP).

Telstra have publically scrapped 100Mbps FTTC plans (although I suspect informally customers should be able to order it anyway). In practice there's no reason why FTTC can't easily hit 100Mbps in almost all cases. But that's not your problem here. Good Luck.
0 Kudos