cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Speed Pack 4 Not much better

I increase my NBN to speed pack 4
The speed is not what we paid for that’s for sure. Watching Netflix we constantly have the tv circle appear and then when it does the picture is a little blurry until it catches up.
My neighbour doesn’t have the issue and they are with another provider who is cheaper so looks like I’m swapping after 12 months of headache on an aprtment I is twice a month. What the fees are is over the top in an apartment style setup only used a little
Not really happy about swapping but I just do not get any customer help.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Speed Pack 4 Not much better

Swapping is one of the great benefits of the NBN. As are month to month contracts.

That said there are various issues (and potential solutions) you have raised.

Most importantly what NBN Technology are you on? FTTN?

There are also NBN plans that you can use on a daily basis (so just activate and pay $3 for each day you are in town).

What aspects of Optus are you wanting? Optus Sport? Fetch TV?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply
I have no idea what it is. I’m in an apartment block and they installed an optic cable up to my unit. There is a box there and then a lead to my modem.

The $3 per day sounds great for me as basically I’m paying $70 for 4 days per month. So you can understand my disappointment when it then is so slow
Last Speedtest was 5Mb/s dl and 25Mb/s ul talking about back to front?
Can you suggest where I can find these cheaper daily use plans as could not find it on Optus or TPG?
Thank you 😊
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

First up you should get your connection sorted. Moving won't fix the underlying problem. Those speed numbers indicate a physical problem with your line, particularly if you are on fibre. First up tell us what this says:

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address

You will need to get Optus to send out a NBN technician to check the line for you.

The day to day company is called launtel. Again punch your address and see if they can support you. You could be dialling up 1Gbps speeds on the days you are there

https://residential.launtel.net.au/signup/residential/
0 Kudos
Top Contributors