Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Slow NBN speeds

Hello. On nbn 100 speed pack 4 . Its crap. Only getting 55 mbps. Used to get 80 to 100 on my cable that I had for 12 years. Any one else have this problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Slow NBN speeds

Much more information needed...

what nbn type?

what modem/router?

how are you testing?

over wifi or cable?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ok. 

Fttc

Sagecomm

Testing via ookla wired to desktop with cat 6 patch lead

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi,

So FTTC should easily be able to do 100Mbps. I assume 55Mbps is your general max speed, not just in peak hours?

If you ring Optus they should be able to run a speed test from their end to confirm the issue is in the street. After that they should get an NBN guy out to check the issue - OPtus are legally required to give you mostly 85Mbps+ on speed pack 4. @Jeneral__Pain may have some other suggestions to test though.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

If you have multiple phone sockets, this mightn’t be helping the situation.

Try plugging your desktop straight into the FTTC NTU and try a speed test. If the speed is still poor, reboot the NTU. If it restores, it means a line condition has caused it to step the speed down to cope with the condition. If the speed does not restore, read on.

if the speed is “slower” 24x7 then it’s more likely to be a fault isolated to the DPU servicing your home. If the speed only drops during “peak hour”, it’s more likely Optus needs to provision more bandwidth in the area. Either way, report this to Optus with everything you’ve tried.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos