cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Slow NBN speeds

I've edited your post as we are still talking in public @DJD. Please head to my profile to send through a private messge.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can I get Optus to return me to ADSL ? Currently I am unable to watch Stan in the evening with NBN

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Once the NBN has been rolled out in an area we're unable to connect our customers to those older legacy networks. If you'd like us to take a look at your NBN connection please PM me or Toomey with the info Toomey requested.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hannah, how can we pay more for the NBN and go backwards? Can't even watch a simple Facebook video yet alone watch a fetch TV EPL game. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Really sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the speeds and pricing @Fordguy, I can see that Phil and Jax have let you know some options you had going forward. Can I ask if you've had a chat with our Retention team as they have advised?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

So, having been with Optus for over 20 years, gave Optus an opportunity to retain my business and was offered a nice deal including an NBN FTTP 100/40 service.

Initially presented with a 12/1 servuce but after 30 phone hours and several escalations, finally received the promised 100/40 service.

Initial speedtests on OOKLA were quite acceptable at around 70-80 down. Then at around 11.00pm on 18 March started seeing speed test results between 3mb to 8mb.

Complaint Ref 288260 with Supetvisor CP520691. I was told Optus are currently working on their network in my area, it's not an NBN issue but an Optus CVC congestion issue. No resolution time offered. I did receive some other lame excuse but after I asked about CVC congestion ratio I was simply offered a call back in 3 days.

I'm glad Optus don't sell airline seats, we'd all be sitting on other laps 30 high. Fancy selling oversubscribed services to this extent. Shameful.

And all after wasting over 30 hours of my precious time, with many of the Agent commitments not recorded against my account in such a manner that othet Agents had visibility of prior communications.

I don't think I'll see a positive resolution for what is meant to be a world leading network supported by Australia's 2nd largest Telco. Wonder how long that status will remain.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

By the way, while on the phone with Optus after 11.00pm 18 March, tried both the Ootus and my BYO router. Same speed test results in the 3-8mbps down range, with my BYO being a bit faster.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Update at 9.05pm 20 March, Modbury SA.

On a 100/40 FTTP service, averaging 21 down / 32 up.

Guess Optus is still "upgrading in your service area" would be the response if I could waste another hour phoning and asking to be transferred to a Supervisor.

I shall provide daily updates at peak congestion times if anyone is interested.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

So sorry to see that you're not getting the best speeds at the moment, @GKarklins. I can definitely understand how frustrating this must be. It sounds as though you have already discussed this with our Tech Support team at length but if you'd like to PM us with your account number, full name and DOB I'd be more than happy to look into this further for you if you'd like.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @Miles_R I have sent you a PM.

0 Kudos