cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Slow NBN speeds

I appreciate it's frustrating - what was the fault reference number you were provided? Esther

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Up until a month ago I was a happy Optus cable customer. Now after the NBN has been connected my speeds are much slower particularly in peak times. I was getting 23Mbps download and 1.5mbps upload now I struggle to get 12Mbps download and my uploads are slightly better at 6Mbps. Naturally the support phone number has a 45min wait and the online feedback just comes back as busy. Is this a Telecommunications Obudsman thing? I was sold by the Optus sales representative on speed that was my criteria....not this slow sub-standard product I'm locked into for 2 years. I've had success with the Telecommunications Obudsman in the past has anyone taken Optus on for sub-standard product performance?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @Crandy, it sounds like peak time congestion. I can look into this with you. Could you please send me a PM with your full name, account number and date of birth? Thanks.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am getting exactly the same problem. Am not happy. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I was getting 11 mbs with my optus adsl 95% of the time. Now only 4mbs on NBN. Am going to cancel my 3 services with optus. Am also telling all my 100's of rmit students about this in my lectures

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@DJD sorry to hear that. Feel free to shoot me a PM with the details @Jax_K has mentioned to check out your options

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have had enough, complaint lodged with Ombudsman.  NBN with speed pack and download speed of 3mbps.  Was told the network was at 100% capacity and Optus technicians were working to upgrade the system.  Is it a coincidence that I live next door to the ACU campus at Banyo?

Was told I would get a text when it was fixed.

Why not a text telling me that you are aware of the problem, apologising.

Why should I pay for a service that doesnt deliver as advertised.

How do I cancel the contract and get to a provider that can consistently deliver.

I run a business from home that requires fast broadband.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Scott17, I can look into this for you if you shoot me a PM with your account number, full name and DOB.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Toomey

My account # is *REMOVED PRIVATE INFO*

3 weeks ago I switched from ADSL2 with Optus to Optus NBN. I was getting 11mbs with the adsl 95% of the time . Now only getting 4 mbs with NBN.

I am the head of the economics dept of a major university & last week I informed 1400 international students to not sign up with Optus for their phones & internet

*REMOVED PRIVATE INFORMATION*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My date of birth is *REMOVED PRIVATE INFO*

0 Kudos