cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor GKarklins
Contributor

Re: Slow NBN speeds

@Miles_R Now this takes the cake...!!!

Not only didn't I hear back from you, or the Optus Supervisor who promised a call back by 21 March re my formal Complaint,.... but my wife, who uses the mobile registered on my account, received a phone call from Optus to confirm we are getting slow speeds.

Here's the rub... Optus did NOT call me on the mobile number registered as the contact number for my Account. No big deal? OH YES IT IS...!!!

1) My wife has NO AUTHORITY TO ACT ON MY ACCOUNT.

2) The Optus Agent made NO attempt to verify the  IDENTITY of who they were speaking with, nor to verify if they were the Account Owner or an Authorised party for my Account.

3) Optus spoke with and communicated re my Account WITH AN UNAUTHORISED PERSON WHO DID NOT HAVE INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE OF MY COMPLAINTS WITH OPTUS. 

4) THEREFORE OPTUS ARE IN BREACH OF THE PRIVACY ACT AND THEIR OWN PROCEDURES FOR VALIDATING THEY ARE SPEAKING WITH THE ACCOUNT HOLDER.

Now I have three complaints to lodge with the TIO & ACCC 

- Not delivering on contracted NBN FTTP speeds

- Breach of Privacy Act

- Breach of Optus procedures for verifying communications occur with only the Authorised Account Holder.

Is this going to get any worse?

0 Kudos
Contributor GKarklins
Contributor

Further update for a FTTP 100/40 service at Modbury SA as of 2.43 pm 23 March.

Mid afternoon, school is still in, unlikely to be many folk doing massive down/uploads, mainly a residential area.

Ookla results to an Optus Regency Park node -

23.92 down 21.61 up.

Guess Optus are stll working out how or even if  they'll respond to the voluminous complaints regarding the CVC congestion issue. 

0 Kudos
Contributor GKarklins
Contributor

Further update 3.43 pm 100/40 FTTP service Modbry SA

Oookla downloa now dropped to 17.92 while upload remained around 23. So what's changed in the past hour? School is out anx no doubt students are hammering social meadia... and downloading material for assignments 😚

So what does this prove comparing speeds an hour apart? When demand increases due to normal social patterns in the area, available FTTP speeds drop. The old demand/supply equation.... unless of course Optus improves their CVC allocation to match contracted 100/40 services to match normally excpected peak periods.

Receiving a service at around 18% of the contracted value, even allowing that one shouldn't expect better than 80% of the contract bandwidth, demonstrates that at this point in time Optus is missing it's SLA's by at least 60%. My maths aren't great, but my conceptual reasoning around an under-performing contracted service are pretty spot on

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The agent from our Complaints Team that made the call would have been provided this info from the agent that lodged the referral. Had you advised your best contact number? I can feed this back.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor GKarklins
Contributor

Yes I definitely provided my best contact numberr of XXXXXXXXXX EVERY time I lodged a complaint, with Agents confirming that it was not th mobile on my account.

If you look at complaint reference 288260 via supervisor XXXXXXXX you should see that, if Divya correctly recorded the content of my complaint and call back details on 18 March around 11.15pm Australian Central Time.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mate, I was in the same boat as you, my NBN got connected, the tech did a speedtest and it was great, he leaves, and a day later during peak I was getting anything 0.5mbps to 7mbps download speed, when my plan is 100/40mbps.

I hounded tech support, NBNco, and the moderators here and on Twitter, and posted my case repeatidly on the Facebook page for a good 2 weeks. But let me just say this, it appears to of payed off.

As of 10:30pm, on a Friday night, where I used to be getting 0.5mbps here is my now current speed, which im VERY happy with:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/6158272068

So I say this, stick it out. Send them your personal info where you live, and get anyone else on the NBN in your area you know of to hound the tech support team too, and they will esculate the local node for a bandwidth upgrade sooner, rather than later.

As you can see - it worked for me Smiley Happy

All the best everyone.

0 Kudos
Contributor GKarklins
Contributor

@Anarkii .... mate, you'd be one in ten thousand satisfied customers from what  I read on Yes Crowd an whirlpool blogs.

Contributor Fordguy
Contributor

I have been whining for ages without results. Friday 24th March and I can't open a simple Facebook video. Congestion is all I get with we have registered your number so we can notify you when upgrades will happen. No timeline 😡

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh it took me by surprise as well, one day it is as bad as everyone else on this forum, the next, it was powering along at max speed. I thought it was weird, then when I got home later that day I loaded up SYFY on Fetch and it didnt buffer for 15 minutes. It just played. Did the speedtest and well, you saw the results. 
Currently satisfied, but lets not jump the gun, if the service stays like it is now as it did with Cable, id be very happy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor naik_michel
Contributor

Slowest NBN in the southern hemisphere? Here's my data on 100Mbps/40Mbps  from the slow Optus NBN line:

(They will try to find all the excuses they can on the phone (Case management) and on this forum with tech support....Repport your results to TIO Obusdman) they will get fined $10,000 per case...

But 2-5 Mbps on 100 Mbps download speed is not acceptable doesn't matter their excuses!!

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.33.46 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.33.37 pm.jpg

Want more proof ? Look here on my SLOW Optus NBN 100Mbps/40Mbps plan in Sydney: 

http://beta.speedtest.net/results?sh=0d7d110f28ec9567d071fc6263b8dc2c

0 Kudos
Top Contributors