Searching...

Re: Slow NBN speeds

naik_michel

Sent you a DM message Thane. Thank you.

Once thing I want to point is that this is World Square in Sydney 2000. The heart of the city

My building was built in 2001 and next door is World Tower (87 floors) and Earnst and Young tower the accounting firm. We also have a large shopping mall uderneath us which includes (Coles supermarket, HB-HIFI, Priceline Pharmacy and another 50 shops and restaurants..) which all suck up a lot of your NBN bandwidth im sure.)

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 7.58.46 pm.jpg

Those are all pretty new buildings built in the last 15 years...so the copper cables aren't old. The modems are working, but just too many people on the network.

You need to increase the badnwidth in that area that you buy from the NBN Co.

I'm going to talk to a few people in those buildings and see what their performance is, but judging buy what people say in my building, the NBN here is horrible, just by talking to 6/6 people this afternoon!

[ Edited ]
naik_michel

A few last things that may help you diagnose:

Computer: Macbook Air

Browsers with cleared cache: Chrome, Safari anf Firefox (Same results on all)

Tried also: iPhone and iPad Pro speed tests same results with OOKLA SpeedTest (tried many different server locations same results)

Modem: Sagemcom F@ST 3864 (Factory reset requested by Optus phone tech and Firmware lastest version: 8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus)

Speed variations between for 25Mpbs Optus NBN pacakage: 0.84Mpbs to 14Mbps (Mostly average 3-5Mbps)

Thane

They're not clowns Naik.

You'll be contacted by a Case Management tech however they don't troubleshoot via email.

You'll receive a call on your mobile.

Please advise AM PM or EVE?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

naik_michel

AM

Thane

No worries.

I've requested a call back first thing tomorrow morning.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
naik_michel

ok

naik_michel

Someone called me back yesterday afternoon.

He was good on the phone changed the Wifi Channel, it performed better. DId a WIFI analyzer scan I'm on the best channel with the less interference.

What was funny is that I performed many tests on Speedtest.net and they were all slow, as soon as he called me all of a sudden it went from 5Mbps to 10-15Mpbs....then he told me to change the Wifi Channel (which helped temporarily)

So I'm wondering if he put some more juice into my bandwidth to keep me happy for 24 hours.

He said he will call today in the after noon, and didnt! (not nwe to me they always they they will call back and dont)

I am logged into Speedtest.net...logging all the speeds....right now was ok for 24 hours...going between 15Mbps-20Mpbs..

But right now at 9.45PM im at 4Mpbs again ! terrible !

Speedtest results:

I've just upgraded to the 100/40 Mbps package.... and gonna be running tests every couple hours for the next 2 weeks...

You guys better not be just pumping my line with bandwidth for a short period of time to close your support ticket....!

On a 100/40 NBN over a month of testing we will have a clear understanding of what is truly going on here. Cos it's not good!

Last speed as of 10.00pm is 1.84Mbps download ! Congrats you are the slowest network in the world!

Speedtests: http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=0d7d110f28ec9567d071fc6263b8dc2c&ria=0

Marie

Thanks naik_michel, I've responded to your PM about this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

naik_michel

Still terrible speed in Sydney 2000 CBD

100Mpbs / 40Mpbs Plan Speedtest (upgraded since yesterday): http://tinyurl.com/naikspeedtest

BOB81Z

I have had NBN now for almost 2 months and after countless conversations with numerous people that have not got a clue I do not have to pay my bills not that this helps when my internet connection is useless.  My NBN on tier 2 at best gives me 3mbs down and 5 up this normally occurs around 4 to 7am.  Throughout the rest of the day it goes between 0 to 1.5mbs down average doing spèdtests every hour 0.4mbs.

After all the discussions their response is a congestion issue in the area andnthey do not know when it will be resolved.  Our area only got NBN 2 months ago, why would Optus not take this into account or in 2 months not have rectified the problem???

My broyher lives next door and is with exetel and averages 82mbs on tier 4 and has never had an issue at all.  Others in my area have the same issue with Optus.  Seems other providers do not have the same issue even if the provider uses the optus network.....what the....

Truly and sadly believe I should have gone with another provider after being with Optus for 14 years 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos