Searching...

Re: Slow NBN speeds

Aman_B

Hey @FunWithTreason, does your internet run slow during the evenings or all throughout the day? Is it just slows speeds or do you get drop-outs as well? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Aman_B

That doesn't sound good @dob1. Have you raised this with faults on 131344? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

FunWithTreason

no drop outs that I have noticed, but in peak I go from 47 down to about 6 down, my off peak speeds are fine, 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5742359725 

http://speedof.me/show.php?img=161024211929-316.png 

but after about 4pm it drops to 6Mbps down and at that point i may as well not use the Internet at all as it is too slow and too congested, you are apparently upgrading the Radcliffe exchange again today the 25th or October so hopefully that will fix the issue, but this has happened before, in fact it was the same last year we went about 4 months with this dead peak speed only for the exchange to be upgraded without warning on the 29th of February when the Internet was down for about 15 hours.

Guy

Hi @FunWithTreason. When running speed tests it is best to run them at out speed test site here so we can record them on our systems. Please let us know if the speeds do not improve in the coming days. 

pitos

Hi, id like to bring up the fact that when i check my nbn speed, it displays that i am downloading at 100mbs and uploading at 40mbs but the problem is whenever i do download and whatnot. I have never seen it download at anything higher than 15mbs, is there a reason why it displays i should be downloading at 100mbs but most of the time when i do download or update certain things such as games. my downloads literally spaz out and completely stop downloading, it will start off with a few mbs then it would just die out and in a few minutes it would come back up. Can you explain to me why this is happening?

Scott_M

Hi @pitos, your bandwidth indicates 100Mbps download, however the rate you receive files is also dependant on how fast the site/service is releasing the information. Game downloads/file sharing will technically be able to ramp up to your full bandwidth though. 

If you have confirmed the 100Mps on a speed test, perhaps check the game blogs or support pages. If you have a firewall for example, you may need to amend it to allow full access to this programs

naik_michel

Just got my NBN connected this morning 25Mbps package and it's slower than my previous ADSL2 that I have with Optus.

Just spent an hour on the phone with Optus tech support, reset the modem (Sagem f@st 3864) and the speed is still crap. I was getting at least 15Mbps on ADSL2, now it's between 6Mbps and 10Mpbs. TERRIBLE!

SPEED TEST:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 6509 kbps (813.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4657 kbps (582.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 13 ms
Jitter: 8 ms
06/12/2016, 13:30:14

Thane

Hi naik_michel, 

What did the techs say?

Have they given you any reference numbers you can share here so we can take a look into it?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

naik_michel

The NBN was connected at 12pm.

I had the tech support guy on the phone for over 1 hour.

He told me he would call me back within 2 hours with a reference number. He didn't call (probably fell asleep)

So I need to start all over again tomorrow with another tech guy (Not the first time this has happened when they said they would call back and they don't!!!!)

I will wait 48 hours see if someone calls back, if not I will put my lawyer on it and call news organisations to expose the scam.

The speed of the NBN is absolutely ridiculously slow! (I live in Sydney CBD 2000, in a 57 stories building)

I've already started talking to some of the tenants in the building to see how they are doing with their speeds and it's not good.

Speedtest from 12pm the NBN was activated on the 6 december 2016 in my apartment (switched from ADSL2): http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=0d7d110f28ec9567d071fc6263b8dc2c&ria=0

Certainly too much congestion in the area on your network, sort it out and fast. Im paying more with this crap than I was paying with your already underperforming ADSL2.

But now i'm getting a 1/3 or a 1/5 or what I was getting with ADSL2 which was alrady bad in Sydney central.

It's crazy you guys advertise 25Mbps and I got a 0.84Mpbs before and most the time it's 5Mbps !!!! Terrible.

I feel a class action lawsuit coming up, and will certainly be reporting this NBN scam to Ombusdman: http://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au

Thane

OK, well let's see what we can find out about what's been done so far.

Send us a PM with your account number, full name, address, and date of birth and we'll take a look at the notes.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos