Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sick of the lies?

I am paying for 100/40 mbps speed and I am lucky to get 3Mbps all the time.

I get nearly 40 mbps up all the time

Tech support says it is congestion in my area?

How can it be congestion ALL the time?

I cant even play an online game without the game lagging like a b...h.

"Reset the modem please" they say and like I havent tried that, the only thing I havent tried is smashing it against the wall.

Could it be the rubbish modem u gave me? "no, we have tested the line and it is working fine our end."

WTF? If there is congestion in my area how are Optus allowed to take money from people knowing that they cant achieve anywhere near the speeds they claim?

Another thing I asked for a technician to come to my house and reattach the NBN modem to the wall as it has been falling off ever since it was installed and now I believe it needs repairing. They say "we will send someone out but I will be charged $140 even though it isnt my fault and as far as I know I dont even own the NBN equipment.

I was given very bad service from a crummy answering service who really had no clue what I needed.

When I asked for an Australian rep they said we cant do that as we have no real telephone support where he was.

Can somebody help me get my speed back which was fine when I first signed up or at least recommend a better provider.

NOT TELSTRA they are worse

3 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sick of the lies?

Mate, just get out. I went through months of this over a year ago. They finally let me out of the contract. There is no fixes, it's just Optus and others, over subscribing and calling it congestion. I haven't a problem since I went elsewhere that had a limited data plan.

I can't believe this is still happening.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Plonky, I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your connection speed. Please see the guidelines on our support page for the speeds your connection should be able to achieve based on your speed pack. Our Customer Service team are available to run through your options on 1300300427 between 8am - 7pm tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My point is

I pay for NBN speed of 40/100 (up/down)

I GET 30/5 (UP/DOWN)

Seriously how can 5mbps out of 100mbps possibly be fair?

I am told by your "tech staff" that this is due to congestion???

BS it is blatent over population due to over selling your product.

Also when I asked about the NBN modem falling off the wall and needing it fixed they said I had to pay?

Need a proper analysis of my gear and by someone in AUSTRALIA and I need some form of proof it

0 Kudos