Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
prabbit70
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemon router malfuntioning

I use the Optus supplied Sagemon router for my NBN connection. There is an option to setup a password to prevent external entities from altering your settings, or that's how the router help describes it. Today I tried setting it up, and now the router claims not to recognize my password, or my account. I always write these things down to prevent just this outcome. There is NO way the password was wrong, so the router is malfunctioning. What can I do to fix it???

And more importantly, how can I get this awful router replaced with a better model??? Price is not such a problem.

Anyone that could help would be gratefully appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SteveV
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sagemon router malfuntioning

Ok. First answer - hard reset the modem via the reset button. This should remove the user set password
Second answer - I'll answer this with a few questions. 1. Do You use the phone service or only the internet. 2. What type of NBN connection from, fttp, fttc/fttdp
SteveV
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sagemon router malfuntioning

If you don't use the phone component you can replace the modem with any NBN compatible modem. E.g. I replaced my fttn sagemcom with a tplink modem and havent looked back