Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Marshy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sagemcom fast ??? NBN modem

Hi Jiefu.

Read it twice? Hell, I had to use oog, er, google, just to spell the word, and make sure it was the right one.

Wots 'Dishlicksia'? Smiley Very Happy

Remember the greyhound that was called 'Nads'. Words of encouragement were 'GO-N ...",  but if the greyhound was a female, well they could have said 'NO-N...'    Nudge, nudge Smiley WinkSmiley Wink

You have 'tunnel vision', so get some Quilton loo paper - it's softer, or so I am told!

Serious now.

You are, obviously, on FTTP, where as I'm only on FTTN, so you are way ahead of me, when you have power that is!

I have far less choice than you do, but the Sage is still crap, and I hate it.

I was on Whirlpool earlier, and asked if anyone could explain as to why Optus will, steadfast, not allow a BYO solution, as this would settle a lot of grievances their customers have re the crap P.O.S. they provide.

Still waiting to see if anyone replies.

Telstra, hell, I worked for them for nearly 30 years, until I was made redundant years ago. 

They use to be good, until sold off, then the down hill slide began.

Though, I see the slope has increased.

I totally agree with the main thrust of your post.

Pity Optus doesn't read posts like this; then, maybe, they would understand more about customers displeasure!

2017 rant! - but it's only February!

If you got too worked up - take a Bex (remember them!), and have a lie down!

Keep well, Jeff.

Until your next 'rant'.

Chris

Marshy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I had a 30 minute call back from Optus, in response to a complaint I made to the TIO re BYO modem with better features, and no sip info from Optus.

He said no sip info from Optus because of security concerns and NBN network damage, that could occur if certain poeple, with sip info, may cause, as well as make unauthorised calls using your phone No, that you would have to pay for

So no change by Optus this centuary, at least.

Marshy

0 Kudos
Jiefu
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hey Marshy, what amazes me the most about these replies is the consistency,...............the consistency to be completely different to what they say to every other customer.  They cannot even read from a peice of paper the same printed words and that is truly sad. What has our education levels come to, or the employment standards for that matter.

NBN network damage, now that is a new game changer. I wonder how all the other ISP's who do assist their cutomers are coping with this major threat..???

Security concerns, what after we had the census failure and America has unlimited access into almost all of our systems so they can spy on anyone they think is spying on them. Reminds me of my youth and reading MAD comics, SPY vs SPY

At least they still think someone may use your phone and rack up a huge bill, that was the original and only reason they had a year ago.  That was based on a story that changed every time I chased it up a level, so it was never a consisten one at the very best.

NO,.....the truth is,....if we have better equipment we might actually utilise the service to the maximum capability and not the corporate eunuch capacity they have forced upon us by way of crippled hardware.  Sure they are prepared to let us "Use our own Routers", but at our own risk, like there is any. I use mt TP Link a lot of the time when I want to online game or have better quality for Netflix / Stan. There are no issues, just no house phone.  The other issue is, they would have to employ people with knowledge, knowledge of how the system actually works and operates. The variety of home connections and a sound understanding of them all, a working knowledge of the hardware that connects to the various types of systems and how to fix any issue that might arise. This would mean actually having people who can think and react instead of being trained to read froma peice of paper and practice sayinng NO all the damn time.

As you can probably tell I have just had my quota of conversations with such people this week. Fortunately, I prefer to use the online chat as I find I am an unpleasant person on the phone, hell I wouldn't speak to me. Short fused PTSD bugger.  Anyhow, I was told that I was not entitled to a $10 discount offer when I signed up almost 18 mths ago. Short of it was I just kept chatting away and the operator was being led by her supervisor who continuously said NO, until I said I still have a copy of application papers and OPTUS Flyer showing the date, discount and when I applied. I could send them a MMS if they liked. As I had all this evidence, I obviously got my back dated credit and discount applied. I apologised to the operator as she was not at fault, but the supervisor needed a kick in the arse.  All He/She knew was NO, it never existed and it was a courtesy that you had to ask for.

SO, back on topic.....I think that the full truth of why they refuse to do anything positive will never be known. OPTUs have the potential to be one of the better ISP's and yet they cripple themselves as they reach a successful moment. It is almost as if they do not want to be as good as they can be. That or they think we are all idiots and should be treated with disdain and contempt, I truly hope not.

Rant mode off now.

Jeff

If you go through life with your head buried in the sand,......all people will see is an ass..!
I am an OPTUS customer and NOT in their service.!!!!
0 Kudos
Marshy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jiefu.

You do realise that the 'first in' Optus people have a BIG sign in front of them that says; 'Listen, sympathecially, to the persons complaint/concerns etc', and then tell them that 'Optus doesn't support those features at this point in time.' ie NO way in hell!

Funny that you mentioned 'other isps'.

A fellow contributor, on a different Optus post, just posted, today, that 'this may be my last post' as he has given Optus the flick, and gone to iinet, and he said that they supply an 'open' modem, and helped him set his own modem/router that his family had bought him (Netcomm NF 17ACV), after checking it was NBN compatible,  and e mailed all of the necessary settings, including Voip sip info, to him.

iinet even contacted NetComm, and then helped him 'fine tune' the modem. Now that's service!

When he replaced the Sage with his Netcomm whilst gaming or watching Netflix etc, he got better speeds, but no phone, so when he needed a phone - swap them around.

Not sure if he was FTTP or FTTN.

The Optus guy didn't elaborate as to what the network dasmage would be, just that 'the people on a higher pay grade than me',

told me.

He has some tech knowledge but reads the sign as well, and eventually follows the company line - NO!

Again, I agree with the main points you raise.

I would rather talk to someone, that I can understand, and get answers quickly, rather than 'chat', as I find 'chat' a waste of time, and it takes forever.

Optus will never be the best , whilst they continue with their current ways.

I too, read a lot of MAD magazines, and loved SPY vs SPY.

Maybe reading MAD has made me a bit MAD as well.

They don't seem to be as good today, as they were. Maybe, we've grown up a lot.

Good to see 'Rant mode off now'.

Otherwise, Bex and another lie down for you.

Chris

0 Kudos
emind1
Contributor
Contributor

Im sick of dealing with "Optus" over the modem/routers they supplied.

It ends up being "complaint ping pong" going back and forth between optus and the modem manufacturers

Its obvious Optus ... "HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION OF ADDRESSING THE ISSUES" with the countless complaints on here about optus and its rubbish router/modems (and tech support).

There's NO EXCUSE " for Optus supplying "sub par" modems and technical support to it's clients.

Personally I think the best way is for all of us to unit in a common complaint/petition (https://www.change.org/start-a-petition?source_location=blank_source___exp_null___direct_ask&step=as...), send it to optus and to the media.  Aided by a few Facebook posts and Youtube videos (the media will jump on it)

With a title like .... "Optus DELIBERATELY SUPPLYS FAULTY MODEMS to all Its customers" ...  I reckon every Optus client will read it and would raise everybodies eyebrows (including the novices)!

LET THE MEDIA EXPOSE optus.

As viewed by the countless complaints on here ... There's NO EXCUSE " for Optus supplying "sub par" modems and technical support.

P.s. I have a CG3000 (no USB's, guest network etc) and NOW a Sagemcom (Ive no room for the second modem). The tech who came out couldnt even login to the Sagemcom admin. I had to end up spending time doing it! Im not happy with Optus AT ALL.

Patonga_man
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

These Sagemcom F@ST modems, really are a piece of junk.

I now have four different ones that they have supplied to me for various problems

The latest issue was with the F@ST 3864V3 AC, and any devices on WiFi

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/F-ST-3864V3-AC-WiFi-issues/m-p/503031#M14113

So they supplied a replacement, this was a F@ST 3864V3 OP and so didn't have dual band WiFi which I am entitled to under my contract. So I'm now asking them to replace that with the correct modem.

I will keep asking them for new modems until they provide me with something that works, which is our entitlement under our contract.

As I have pointed out to them, it would be cheaper to either provide a decent modem or allow us to provide our own and give us the VOIP settings. I know that takes me outside of their support but I can live with that.

I would happily sign any petition or class action that brought this farcical situation to public notice

0 Kudos