Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
karloucho
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom f@st 5366 TN

Unfortunately the link to the Sagemcom website is dead, and the Optus one was next to useless for me.

Here is a Quick Dummies Guide to setting up your Fileshare on a USB plugged into your modem. I just couldn't find this information anywhere.

1. Web into your modem

2. Click on the Settings Icon of the USB device. Ensure both DLNA and File Sharing are ON to maximise connectivity with all network devices.

3. Go back to the mainpage. Click on the USB Icon (in bottom left box), then click on Mass Storage tab.

4. Copy either of the two links provided as instructed. Here is the first and most generic one, which should work:  \\mygateway\Disque_partage

5. Paste this into the address field of File Explorer. You should now be able to explore the contents of your USB and write to it as if locally connected

It will also appear as a network location on LHS in Explorer. If you Right click it and Pin to Quick Access", it will appear there every time you open File Explorer.

I don't know if it matters, but my USB drive was formatted in exFat.

I'm still having issues seeing its contents from my Panasonic TV via DLNA but suspect it's more likely to be the TV than the modem
Hope this helps 

elbear54
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

@elbear54  here.

Thanks for the info @karloucho .

Unfortunately I can only get as far as clicking on usb setting and my router goes into non responsive state.

Rebooting the modem sets it back to factory defaults, sometimes only partially.

I have come to the conclusion that I have a dud router.

0 Kudos
idonthaveausern
New Contributor
New Contributor

Connected my usb hard drive to the usb port .. not recognised.

Why is this ?

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @idonthaveausern just so we are on the same page, by USB were you referring to a Wireless service purchased through Optus? If this was the case, the device will not be required to be plugged into a modem.

Have you had a look into our Device Guides? You will be able to cross check the settings and features to get things up and running.

Should you continue to have issues, I would recommend having a chat to our Messenger teams whom will be able to look into your services and advise further. Our teams are available 24/7 via the Optus App -Quade

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

karloucho
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi idonthaveausern

Did you follow my "dummies" guide above. If so, what operating system are you using?

If it's Windows, you may have to enable the SMB client on your PC. You can google how to do this, but happy to help if you get stuck.