cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagemcom Modem/Router

Is there a better Modem/Router available from Optus?

I currently have the Sagemcom F@ST 3864V3 HP and I am unable to connect my iRobot vacuum cleaner to the wifi system.

The iRobot team said there are compatibility issues with Sagemcom routers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom Modem/Router

@NJRs wrote:

I am unable to connect my iRobot vacuum cleaner to the wifi system.

So is the problem that you can't connect at all, or that it is not controllable once connected? How are you trying to connect?

@NJRs wrote:

The iRobot team said there are compatibility issues with Sagemcom routers.

Without further info from the iRobot team about how its incompatible then there is no way of knowing if getting a newer Optus Sagemcom will make any difference at all.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't get the iRobot to connect to the app and their team sent me an email with the following issues: - 

Router Compatibility Issues

The following routers have compatibility issues with Wi-Fi connected robots. Please update your router's firmware and use the following information to resolve these issues.

Brand Model Version Tested Resolution
CiscoRE1000v1.0.02Change security setting from WEP128 to another option. When set to WPA2, multiple setup attempts may be required to connect.
D-LinkDIR-3002.15Multiple setup attempts may be required to connect.
LogitecLAN-W300N/RSB1.0.6.2This router is incompatible with Wi-Fi connected robots. Please try a different router.
MicrosoftMN-70002.01.02.0590
  • The Android app may not work with this router. Please try a different router.
  • The iOS app may take multiple setup attempts to connect.
MotorolaSBG65808.6.0.0-GA-01-971-NOSHChange security settings from WEP128 to another option.
SagemcomF@st 52602.0This router is incompatible with Wi-Fi connected robots. Please try a different router.
Time WarnerArris DG860A7.5.16The iOS version of the iRobot HOME App is incompatible with this router. Please try a different router.
Western DigitalMy Net AC1300-J2F1.03.09If you cannot connect when channel width is set to 20 MHz, change to “auto.”
ZTEZXHN F6701.0This router is incompatible with Wi-Fi connected robots. Please try a different router.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for your contribution as always @YetAnotherAcc

We appreciate you contacting us via this forum, @NJRs. For this enquiry, I would suggest reaching out to our Technical Support Team on 133 937 (8am - 8pm, 7 days a week), or via the My Optus App who may have some insight on this. 

I'd also recommend checking out iRobot's Support Guide which emphasises that you should make sure that your Wi-Fi Network is on 2.4 GHz or 2.4/5 GHz Mixed Network (as some Robot models require the 2.4GHz network and will not work on a 5GHz network). 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Your 3864 is not on the incompatible so it it very unlikely that iRobot have actually tested it, especially that its an RSP supplied router.

Given that the problem is with the app rather than establishing a wifi connection i'm assuming the problem is with the 3864's firewall. Ask the iRobot team if any ports need to be forwarded to bypass a firewall.

Optus' newer routers (the 5366 and the Ultra) i think might have stricter firewalls, so upgrading I don't think will make a difference.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you I will try your suggestions.

0 Kudos