Searching...
Highlighted

Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864OP = Wifi Dropout Pain

MonkeyCDooDoo

Hello ppl, I am on Optus cable and my wired speeds are great but the Wifi from my Sagemcom is terrible. 

It is randomly good and bad (bad as in drops completely) and does not seem to matter how close or far away you are from it. I have tried using different channels with no real luck. I am actually thinking to bin it but thought I might try a post here first. Weird thing is I have used a WiFi Analyzer on it which tells me to use other channels but when I switch to them it tells me the channel I switched to is no good. 

Prior to Optus I was with TPG and used ASUS adsl WiFi modem which worked flawlessly, which makes me think this Sagemcom is a dud?

Screenshot_2018-04-20-06-00-48-478_com.farproc.wifi.analyzer.png

Screenshot_2018-04-20-05-57-49-229_com.farproc.wifi.analyzer.png

Re: Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864OP = Wifi Dropout Pain

10000000000GB

Many people come here and tell us their Sagemcom is a dud. However, we don't know how many actually work.

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/fttn_registered_modem_router

MonkeyCDooDoo

Ok so I guess I just chuck it?

Support don't seem to be able to help and they tell me they have very little issues with them...

Or do Optus have an alternative?

I have never seen a WiFi router with no antenna which does not fill me with confidence....

10000000000GB

Another thing you can do is put a wifi extender into one of its ethernet ports. Or another good router. Make sure there is no IP conflict with the main address.

Lagger

Follow the above advice,

connect a wifi router to it, and turn wifi off on the device. I find my gateway fast overheats.. so i dont use it for wifi!

plus i dont think its dual, or triple band AC.

MonkeyCDooDoo

Ended up ditching the Sagemcom piece of rubbish and setting up my old ASUS adsl modem as a wireless access point using this tut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REiL6r00GC8

It is a shame optus are shipping these useless Sagemcom boxes

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
14 Kudos