cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor edwardkyle32
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864 crashes when xbox one is connected.

Hi im experiencing an issue where when i turn on the xbox one the modem crashes. While im playing online or watching netflix the modem crashes repeatedly. Even when updating. Iv read to fix this i will need a firmware update. Can anyone assist me in fixing this i have tried everything. Cheers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Re: Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864 crashes when xbox one is connected.

Hi @edwardkyle32, that sounds rather strange. Is the Xbox One connected to the modem via ethernet or WiFi?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Ethernet. Any first attempt to use internet via xbox one or wifi on phones results in the modem restarting and taking longer then usual periods to connect.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@edwardkyle32, has there been any improvement? I've read a number of threads on the topic (not Optus specific). I remember a MAC user coming through and advising that his internet would crash each time he attempted to connect to his WiFi router. There was an issue with IPV6 compatibility. I've found a thread that relates to the same issue but for Xbox one users.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/17683990-must-have-option-to-disable...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

It also turns off when the tv is switched on?

I do not know whats going on just turned the tv on at 7pm internet disconnected. Hasn't worked since. Done all trouble shooting. This is not the first time.

Does the same when internet being used first thing in the moring or after long periods of no use..

Im guessing its the modem. Who do i talk to about getting a new modem?

I really dont want to leave optus because i had great service on adsl2. But i will if this issue is not resolved.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

It certainly is a bizarre fault, but Tech Support will be able to organise a replacement for you if you jump into Live Chat. If the issue persists, we'll be able to further troubleshoot.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos