cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagemcom F@st5366 LTE WiFi Router + Twonky Server

I've just installed and set-up my NBN at home. A part of the overall package, I was provided a Sagemcom WIFI Router. At the end of the day, I now have several unresolved issues.

1: My WiFi Security cameras will no longer connect. My previous set-up, connected to Optus cable through a Motorola cable modem and using an ASUS RT-AC68U WIFI router, I had no issues in connecting and configuring my wifi security camera's. As of 11:52pm, still getting nowhere on this.

2: Setting up and configuring my NAS (WD EX4) for a direct connection to the 5377 LTE took almost 2 hours, with excessive unknown disk access. Still trying to work out why?

and finally,

3: Just found a Twonky Media Server on the default router port: 192.168.0.1:9000. There is NO documentation which indicates the presence of a TwonkyServer ANYWHERE in the documentation provided for or available on-line for the 5366 LTE wifi router.

I strongly suspect issue 2 and 3 are connected. I am unable to find any means of switching it OFF. Really Optus, if I wanted Twonky, I would install it myself on my server. I would like to turn it OFF.

Who knows what else is hidden in the background of the Sagemcom wifi router. I am not happy with the amount of time I have wasted today.

Optus, I would like to have more granular control of the wifi settings, NAT tables, port forwarding and DNS binding on the router. Its not a big ask. And before I forget, MESH networking capabilities would be really nice.

Overall, my initial rating for the 5366 LTE wifi router is 2/10.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@st5366 LTE WiFi Router + Twonky Server

@fleatech wrote:

1: My WiFi Security cameras will no longer connect. My previous set-up, connected to Optus cable through a Motorola cable modem and using an ASUS RT-AC68U WIFI router, I had no issues in connecting and configuring my wifi security camera's. As of 11:52pm, still getting nowhere on this.

Have you done the necessary port forwarding? If so, it may be the known hairpinning/NAT Loopback issue with the 5366.

3: Just found a Twonky Media Server on the default router port: 192.168.0.1:9000. There is NO documentation which indicates the presence of a TwonkyServer ANYWHERE in the documentation provided for or available on-line for the 5366 LTE wifi router.

That's the DLSA service.

I am unable to find any means of switching it OFF. Really Optus, if I wanted Twonky, I would install it myself on my server. I would like to turn it OFF.

Turning off DLNA in the media section should turn that off.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@st5366 LTE WiFi Router + Twonky Server

Yep. Configured port forwarding, still not working. Funnily, one camera  is supposed to connect through a Grid app on Android. No luck, BUT my remote wifi switches all seem to be fine. No port forwarding required there.

The other cameras all connect through a Mozilla IoT device, which works fine, BUT cannot connect to the cameras. All this was working previously through an ASUS RT-AC68U wifi router.

May just reconnect the RT-AC68U as a Access Point...

Thanks for the advice on the Twonky Server.

0 Kudos