cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom f@st 5366 TN

@Damn_Pierre wrote:

Does anyone know if the Sagemcom f@st 5366 TN modem can be set up in bridge mode to create a second Access Point? If so, how? 

Nope, it has no bridge mode. Closest you can get is to disable NAT and DHCP, and if you do that you won't be able to use its wifi.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is v105 still the latest version?

I'm having issues with my work laptop VPN getting corrupted by my home WiFi and the IT gurus have suggested updating the firmware to remove it as a variable.

TIA.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@bgpelec wrote:

Is v105 still the latest version?

It should be. I haven't heard of anyone have a newer version, and Optus are now supposed to announce new versions which they have not.

Are you doing any port forwarding on the 5366 to let your work VPN traffic through?

In what way is your VPN getting corrupted?

What type of internet do you have (FTTN/FTTC etc?) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

What a disgrace this experience has been. Yes Get the APP they all say in every message, but the APP was not working.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry if you feel that way @NEDDY39. Can you confirm which app are you referring to? Is this the My Optus app, Optus @home or Sagemcom app? 

The Optus @home app is no more in use. This functionality has been moved into the My Optus app itself. 

If it is the My Optus app is not working then it could be that your online My Account is not setup correctly.  We don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. You will need to speak with our support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 133937 - Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST to assist you further. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc 

a) Are you doing any port forwarding on the 5366 to let your work VPN traffic through?

b) In what way is your VPN getting corrupted?

c) What type of internet do you have (FTTN/FTTC etc?) 

a) I'm not in IT so I don't know what that means; I'll speak to the tech guys at work & see what they say.

b) See a). But also it's affecting connectivity in Outlook; after an hour or so on the VPN Outlook loses connection & can't regain it until I reset the VPN (remove & reinstate the connection - right through the whole setup procedure).

c) FTTN.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Dear Kartika,

Whether this is the correct place to answer I do not know, let me begin by telling you I have been a Happy Optus customer since about 1995 when Telstra treated me in the same manner as Optus has on this occasion.

I went to 3 DIFFERENT Optus shops, three different suggestions, OH! Boy

I spoke to a guy on line, he was good, but when it was time to me to put into action, I can only explain it as a disgusting shambles, if you have access to my "My Optus" messages, read them. I tried to explain what I wanted was different and was going to be difficult, I expected a company like Optus was equipped to do what was required, I was wrong.

Whatever Optus did was bizarre, I was receiving e-mails from what appeared to be two different servers, but worst the "My Optus" app was disabled, what the heck? But there is more, the emails were contradictory, one would advise that a technician would be here between 7 am and 2 pm and I had to be present, then another with 8 am and 2 pm and I did not have to be present.

I sat around on Friday with the MODEM plugged in ready to go, but nothing, finally I "lost the plot" and found an old telephone number, the guy was good he advised the account was now activated, when I pressured him for the timing of the activation he finally admitted he had just done it, all this time the "My Optus" app was totally useless. Check your records; I have been using the "My Optus" app since upgrading from its predecessor.

Please understand you have my permission to review all messages and e-mails, I am currently caring for a very sick person, and this was not needed from a stress level nor from the inability for me to communicate. I opened with a statement as to why I am no longer with Telstra, please consider that statement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for sharing a detailed description of what's happened, @NEDDY39.

I’m afraid we're unable to assist here on this public forum as we don't have access to customer accounts.

We'd recommend sending a PM to Optus on Facebookor a DM on Twitter with these details for further assistance.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Sagemcom f@st 5366 TN - Port Forwarding for Remote Desktop Connection

Hello there,

I admit I am not an IT expert, like many other people here. Hence, when you reply, please consider me as being an dummie and try to use simple instructions.

I am a customer of optus for approx 6-7 years, for he past 2.5 years I had a router model Sagemcom F@st 3864OP ADSL in my office. Recently it died and after long hassle and many checks and hours on the phone with your technicians, it was decided to replace it and I received Sagemcom F@st 5366 TN. I am not on NBN, it is a ADSL line.

The router/modem works fine, no problems. But I must sometimes access my computer (with Windows 10 PRO) in the office from at home (Windows 10) using MS Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).

I had figures out on my previous router (Fast 3864OP) that I had to do port forwarding so that RDC works. Which I did (easily) approx 1 year ago, thanks to a video posted on youtube.

Unfortunately, there are many videos regarding port forwarding, but none specifically for my new router Fast 5266 TN.

The interface of the new router is completely different than the previous one. For a IT layman like me difficult to figure out what to do.

I would greatly appreciate, if one of you expert would provide me with instructions (step by step) how the 'port forwarding' specifically for RDC has to be executed.

Hoping for a fast response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Sagemcom f@st 5366 TN - Port Forwarding for Remote Desktop Connection

Hi there, @harold_stgm,

Thanks for reaching out about this! 

I have just been chatting with one of my team and we advise of the below: 

- Network Settings > Port Forwarding

- Where is says "Service", check if you have the option to choose RDC from the dropdown box. If not, leave blank if possible.

- Ensure "Port" says 3389

- You can refer to the attached image for other settings. 

- For the router IP, you may need to use the site called What's My IP? to get that info or check your Network settings from Control Panel or System Preferences (depending on Mac or Windows).

It's important to note that most articles refer to using a static IP or dynamic DNS if possible, so you don't have to keep changing the IP each time it changes. 

Give this a go and see if that gets you up and going!