Searching...
Accepted Solution

Sagemcom F@ast3864v3 modem and ADSL2+ Login credentials

erani

The entry of ADSL2+ Login credentials is required in the modem user guide instructions, “test your connection” when setting up this modem on the NBN. Therefore if not using ADSL2+, why is this printed as required on the instructions? Is this really necessary?

Re: Sagemcom F@ast3864v3 modem and ADSL2+ Login credentials

Dan_C

Evening @erani

I wonder if the user guide is intended for those that have migrated from an ADSL service  - NBN service.

Do you have the digital user manual (PDF version), or the hardcopy version of the user guide? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

Re: Sagemcom F@ast3864v3 modem and ADSL2+ Login credentials

erani

Thanks for your reply Dan.

I can't locate the pdf version of the "Let's get you connected" User Guide on the Optus website. It is an ordeal navigating through Support if you don't hit the correct search terms or find the right menu. I have seen it previously though, and it is the same as the printed version which is supplied with the modem and is with the "self install kit".

In any event, the modem is working just fine without the ADSL2+ login credentials. I have not changed the default username and password that populates these fields which are located in the "Setup and Confuguration" menu of the modem web browser interface.

As the Sagemcom F@ST3864v3 AC modem can be connected to an ADSL service equally as well as to an NBN service, I will just assume that the user guide requirement is unnecesary and misleading if you are connecting the modem to the NBN.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
63 Kudos
25 Kudos
23 Kudos
20 Kudos