Searching...
Highlighted

Sagemcom F@ST3864V3AC no LAN but WIFI OK

Jeztus

Hi there,

Yesterday my LAN connection dropped out, but WIFI is working fine (I can connect to the net via WIFI, but not LAN).

I have several devices that connect to the net via LAN, none of them are able to connect now.

I've tried rebooting the modem and running a diagnostics check via Modem settings - everything looks OK according to the diagnostics, but still no LAN connection.  If it were just the one device then I'd assume it was the cable, but it's 3 devices that plug in via LAN, so I doubt all three cables or devices failed at the same time.

Any ideas?

BTW, how do I can contact Optus support directly for some help with this?

Thanks.

Re: Sagemcom F@ST3864V3AC no LAN but WIFI OK

petergdownload

Just try LIVECHAT here online (also via the optus phone app). 

Ensure you try a DHCP based LAN connection (auto) as well as try hard code one of your device network settings to see if its maybe just a settings issue. 

Are you finding the internet not available? Or can you for example not print from a PC to a printer on your local network?

Any little lights flashing on the plug points (at either end of the cable?)

Double check your DNS (Primary and Secondary) - set the primarry to 8.8.8.8 (which is google)

But otherwise it seems like something might be busted. Bit of a weird break though (would definitely rule out some wayward network setting first) 

Optus should send a replacement out free on request.

Peter Gillespie

Re: Sagemcom F@ST3864V3AC no LAN but WIFI OK

Jeztus

Great reply, thanks Peter.

I’ll give these suggestions a go and let you know if it solves the issue.

Cheers,

Jeremy

————

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
73 Kudos
31 Kudos
30 Kudos
27 Kudos
23 Kudos