cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Jeztus
New Contributor

Sagemcom F@ST3864V3AC no LAN but WIFI OK

Hi there,

Yesterday my LAN connection dropped out, but WIFI is working fine (I can connect to the net via WIFI, but not LAN).

I have several devices that connect to the net via LAN, none of them are able to connect now.

I've tried rebooting the modem and running a diagnostics check via Modem settings - everything looks OK according to the diagnostics, but still no LAN connection.  If it were just the one device then I'd assume it was the cable, but it's 3 devices that plug in via LAN, so I doubt all three cables or devices failed at the same time.

Any ideas?

BTW, how do I can contact Optus support directly for some help with this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST3864V3AC no LAN but WIFI OK

Just try LIVECHAT here online (also via the optus phone app). 

Ensure you try a DHCP based LAN connection (auto) as well as try hard code one of your device network settings to see if its maybe just a settings issue. 

Are you finding the internet not available? Or can you for example not print from a PC to a printer on your local network?

Any little lights flashing on the plug points (at either end of the cable?)

Double check your DNS (Primary and Secondary) - set the primarry to 8.8.8.8 (which is google)

But otherwise it seems like something might be busted. Bit of a weird break though (would definitely rule out some wayward network setting first) 

Optus should send a replacement out free on request.

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor Jeztus
New Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST3864V3AC no LAN but WIFI OK

Great reply, thanks Peter.

I’ll give these suggestions a go and let you know if it solves the issue.

Cheers,

Jeremy

————

0 Kudos
Top Contributors