Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
PKsAccount
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN

I have recently connected to the NBN with this modem/router and everything went well ... for the first day! For some reason after a few hours or a day I can't connect to the 2.4 ghz band even though it is visible in available wifi networks - 5ghz band works fine and I would use just this but I have some devices such as a printer and rooftop solar that are only 2.4 compatible. 

I have done a re-set on the modem but the only thing that regularly works is turning it off and on then magically I can connect again.  Obviously I don't want to have to keep doing this.

Reading the ongoing issues that other users have with this device, does anyone have a solution or should I just ditch it and replace it with a new one.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN

@PKsAccount  
Have you checked for firmware updates?
Have a look here 
https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Sagemcom-F-ST-5366-TN-Changing-Modem-s-Private-IP-Address/td-p/...

If there is no firmware update or an update doesn't fix the issue message Optus Support via the My Optus App and they can send out a replacement. 
If you use the Optus NBN Landline you need an Optus supplied modem.

There is also a new modem that includes a 4G Backup.
https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/The-Optus-Ultra-WiFi-modem-with-4G-back-up-is-h...

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@PKsAccount wrote:

Reading the ongoing issues that other users have with this device,

By most accounts the 5366 is actually fairly stable, especially the wifi. 

does anyone have a solution

Maybe 2.4GHz is very congested near your place. You could download a free "wifi analyser" app for your phone which will show you signal strengths of the various 2.4GHz channels then you can force the 5366 to use one of the least congested channels.

PKsAccount
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much!

I have checked the firmware - its SG4Y1T000105, which apparently is the latest.

I do have an NBN landline so thanks for the heads up on the need for an Optus supplied modem.

I'll get in contact with Optus and perhaps upgrade to the 4G Backup model.

Cheers

0 Kudos
PKsAccount
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that suggestion - I'll get onto the wifi analyser and see what it shows.

I'm thinking also of upgrading to the Optus 4G Backup modem.

Cheers

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@PKsAccount wrote:

I'm thinking also of upgrading to the Optus 4G Backup modem.

Q: If I’m an existing Fixed Broadband customer, can I upgrade to the new Optus Ultra WiFi modem?

A: Yes, you can.  However, you must connect to one of the new Optus plans. Existing customers have the option to take this modem or keep their current Optus modem provided it is compatible with the service.  Provided you remain connected to the new Optus broadband plan for 36 months, you will not be charged for the modem.

0 Kudos
PKsAccount
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help. I got onto Support through My Optus and we reset the modem and changed a few settings namely moving off Auto Channel selection to Channel 9. Working OK so far but time will tell I suppose!
0 Kudos
PKsAccount
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've changed the Channel Selection from AUTO to Channel 9 and seems to be working OK ... so far! Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Dartanhan
New Contributor
New Contributor

Seriously, how can you advise someone to upgrade the firmware and just after that you provide a URL to modify the private IP?
0 Kudos