Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
nbn
Contributor
Contributor

Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN ⁠— Changing Modem's Private IP Address

Is it possible to change this modem's private IP address?

Per @YetAnotherAcc: Yes, provided that the modem's software is updated to version SG4Y1T000085 or later; your modem's software version can be checked here.

Background Info

I was on this page trying to change the following variables:

• IP Address
  • IPv4 Pool Start
  • IPv4 Pool End
  • IPv4 Lease Time

The respective default values were:

• 1 Day

As an example, I was trying to change them to:

• 1 Hour

Clicking/tapping [Apply] once done resulted in the following pop-up:

• Are you sure?

The action you performed may cause devices to temporarily lose connectivity. If you changed the IP address of the gateway, you will have to change the IP address in your browser before accessing the configuration interface again.

[No] [Yes]

Clicking/tapping [Yes] then displayed the following:

• Changes applied

The action you performed will cause devices to temporarily lose connectivity. To recover the conectivity with the gateway, you will have to change the IP address in your browser before accessing the configuration interface again.

You also have to renew your IP Address, you can try do disconnect and connect the Ethernet cable or leave and rejoin the wireless network.

If you managed to make it this far, thanks for reading.

If you recently received one of these modems, it would be in your best interest to allow ample time for the modem to self-initiate software updates (once connected to the Internet) or — failing that — manually initiating a reboot from this page.

-Terry.

Did this post help? Feel free to give a +Kudos!
Did this post solve your query? Feel free to mark this as the
Accepted Solution!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN ⁠— Changing Modem's Private IP Address

That is a know issue with firmware versions prior to SG4Y1T000085 . What version are you on?

You should be able to force a firmware update to the latest version by resetting the modem via the maintenance tab.

nbn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @YetAnotherAcc,

You really are a Super Contributor!

Per this page:

• SG4Y1T000031

Thanks to your advice, I was eventually able to update the modem's software and make the desired changes.

Did this post help? Feel free to give a +Kudos!
Did this post solve your query? Feel free to mark this as the
Accepted Solution!

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Glad you got it working!

The '85 firmware has be out for just over 3.5 months now, how long ago did you get the 5366?

0 Kudos
Cherilynt
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I had Optus cable intenet . I bought a microserver. Everything worked perfectly.  I went to NBN and the microserver stopped working.  The new modem was   Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN.  The new IP address was 192.168.0.1.  The old IP Address was 192.168.15.1.  The microserver was not working because of a different IP address. I need to change the IP Address on Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN.  How do I do it?   

0 Kudos
George_YC

Hey @Cherilynt, you can change your 5366 TN IP address by logging into the modem directly and adjusting the configuration settings. The login details for you device will be found on the back of your modem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Cherilynt
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OK I turned my router around but couldn"t find any login details.  I have username as optus and password *hidden*. Is this what you are talking about?  if so where do I go to login? I cannot find a location to login.

0 Kudos
George_YC

You'll need to type into your URL bar '192.168.0.1' (this should be on the back of your modem as well) and enter your username and password. This will then take you to the modem configuration page where you'll be able to navigate to change your IP. 

Just to let you know, Yes Crowd is a public platform, so I've hidden your modem login password.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Cherilynt
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I will try

0 Kudos
Cherilynt
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OK I used your details and it Worked.  previously went to the Optus help desk  and they had no idea about changing the IP address for the Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN they said they had not been given any information about that. I said I had a microserver which didn't work with NBN. They didn't have a clue about changing the ip address.  Perhaps you can inform them

0 Kudos