Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Epicurean
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagemcom F@ST 5366 Modem troubles

I am an Optus customer who has been using 2 x HUAWEI B525s-65a data modems for over 12 months.

This is because ADSL in our street was non existent.

The two modem run my Optus Loop System (VOIP) and my general internet separately.

Both modems are connected to TP Link Jet Stream  T1600G-28PS one is a POE+ and the other is just POE.

Both were working perfectly.

I switched to Optus NBN just recently and was supplied a Sagemcom F@ST 5366 LTE modem router and was told to plug it into the land line as we have Fibre to Node.

The NBN seemed to work when I plug a single computer into the back of the new modem router and achieved speeds of 58Mbps Download and 19Mbps Upload. 

When I remove my mobile date modem and plugged in the NBN modem router into my network switch and I reboot all computers the router begins to assign a few computers with ip addresses as they are restarting but within a few minutes the computers all lose the connection and no longer can see each other or the internet. None of the computers have an ip address.

When I connect back the mobile data modem and reboot all computers everything works and every device has an ip address.

This is the same for my Optus Loop (Voip) and my computers. I have tested them both separately and achieved the same results.

Optus also sent me two modem routers and I get the same result from both.

I have checked and confirmed the DCHP is set to on.

PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ness_YC

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 5366 Modem troubles

Hey @Epicirean, it's not great to learn that you're experiencing issues with your Sagemcom F@st 5366 modem. We have some modem guides/quick-start up guides which may help. 

If issues persist and you are a Business Customer, our Business Technical Support Team are ready to assist on 1300 297 341 (Monday to Friday 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM) or 135 667 (for Optus Loop Support) (Monday to Friday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM). If they are unable to resolve your enquiry, they should be able to escalate this matter with a Technical Senior Expert to investigate and provide further assistance so that we can get your NBN up and running properly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 5366 Modem troubles

@EpicureanYou will have problems with the issue being escalated to a "Technical Senior Expert" based on past experiences or if it is escalated then you may never get anyone to call back. I suggest trying once and make sure you get when Optus will call you back and if it does not occur then make a complaint.

In the mean time I would suggest checking logs to see if you can spot anything on the modem and PC's. I would also if you are willing to do some trouble shooting install wireshark on one of the PC's that is failing after while and see if you can spot anything obvious (this is not easy if you have not used network sniffers/decoders before).

Another thing to try is to plug into the Sagemcom modem four devices that are plugged into the switch and see how you go in order to try and find if one of the devices is not playing ball with the Sagemcom.

Good luck.

0 Kudos