Searching...

Re: Sagemcom F@ST™ 3864V3AC Static IP page missing

hashbrown14

Thanks homedad77.

Yes, this is likely the thinking behind dumbing down the router.

The only reason we "need support" though, is because the router has had this basic (yes, I say it again) functionality removed.

bti

This router is seriously doing my head in now, we have to reboot 2-3 times a week, and often multiple times a day because of DHCP issues.

Does anyone know how / if we can swap this piece of garbage out. I did read somewhere MAC Spoofing would allow another router to be used, can anyone confirm?

I'm going to test with an ASUS tomorrow when I go to the office but anyone with advice would be appreciated.

BrownToast

As long as you don't need VoIP then you can use any other modem...assuming you're on FttN.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
bti

It's an HFC connection, we had a lot of problems maintaining a connection on the first day, but we switched over last week to an ASUS RT-AC66U and it's been working fine ever since, so maybe the initial problems just related to provisioning.

So fingers crossed it stays connected, it's a Business account (so fixed IP) if that makes a difference.

[ Edited ]
Peterwelly

Hi all, not sure if this has worked for everyone else but my Static IP page is now showing and I am able to set Static IP's for my devices.

After searching the Yescrowd Forum for the units Firmware update, I followed a link, downloaded and then went to the Management tab of the router, clicked update firmware, selected the downloaded file and wham - fixed.

I must say though I was concerned as the modem lights would start streaking across the modem after about 15 minutes, I had Internet back, still had streaking lights, sent the command to reboot and then everything came back.

I now have 13 devices with Static IP's. Will see how it goes to see if I get any more connection issues.

This is the link I followed: https://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/e1762upgrade?_ga=2.155777275.1717599716.1559521706-148532570...

It is an optus link, so I trusted it.

glow

Um, that link seems to be for a different device?

Peterwelly

May be, but it seems to have worked.

Vigi

Interestingly, it seems by absolute sheer luck uploading that file to your modem has revived the static IP page. I am personally not willing to test, but as @glow has pointed out the software is for a different device. It is for an old 2G/3G Huawei plug-n-play wireless data card. The file itself is actually a portable Windows executable, so the modem wouldn't be able to execute it as they run some flavour of Linux distro. However, I am glad to hear that it ended up reviving the static IP page for you! Unfortunately I was hoping it was a true firmware update for the device, because I was sorely looking forward to reverse engineering it. I guess the firmware will truly never see the light of day...

On a side note, my static IP page is also back - I am not sure if it is a result of some silent firmware update (wasn't keeping track), a side-effect of adding an IP through my original method, or, due to changing the IP range from 192.168.0.X to 10.0.0.X. Who knows.

CaMa

I must say I was astounded when I tried to set static ips on my new modem in January this year.

Talking to Optus was no use (very big disappointment), with the Techs thinking I wanted an external static ip and just pay the $10 per month thanks!!  Then I found this page....omg....why did Optus let this go on for so long?!

Full marks to Vigi and others on working out how to resolve it.

Just logged in, and I now get the page rather than a blank screen, so it is working (as it should have done from the beginning)!!

I just checked my firmware version and have found it has advanced from 10.54 to 10.87 at some stage.  Thanks for the notification, Optus.

Best to leave that file alone in case it removes something else...

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
101 Kudos
63 Kudos
26 Kudos
25 Kudos
18 Kudos