Searching...

Re: Sagemcom F@ST™ 3864V3AC Static IP page missing

[ Edited ]
audentia

IN RESPONCE TO:  

I had the same issue, I found it was actually my MAC address that was incorrectly formatted.

I copied the address straight from CMD ipconfig /all console and it was formatted:

00-03-44-22-33-44

Should actually be formatted like:

00:03:44:22:33:44

I also made sure the allocation was within the DHCP range, but I don't think that made a difference.

Not sure if you had a similar issue, but I got that same error, which wasn't exactly helpful at pointing it out.

petros

No, the issue arises when I try to add Static IP addresses from the Local Area Network (LAN) Setup (in Advanced Setup).

When I click the add entries button it goes to a blank page... don't even get the chance to add a correctly formatted MAC address!

Still not fixed Optus Smiley Sad

Another bug that's crept in to the interface is the constant requests for authentication.

Crap router, crap isp!

audentia

No, the issue arises when I try to add Static IP addresses from the Local Area Network (LAN) Setup (in Advanced Setup).

When I click the add entries button it goes to a blank page... don't even get the chance to add a correctly formatted MAC address!

Still not fixed Optus Smiley Sad

Another bug that's crept in to the interface is the constant requests for authentication.

Crap router, crap isp!

Yeah, this is the issue that arrises for me too, I haven't got a page where I can add Static IP allocations, I was able to do it after a ton of trouble with the method posted on this topic by another user. Dispite Optus being able to remotely update the firmware (according to them), this isn't something they have chosen to fix.

I also get regular requests for authentication, I find if I press cancel it usually doesn't matter. I just press cancel until I get blocked, then I enter it in once, and then ignore any future requests and it works fin(ish) for me.

At least there is a way to add static IP allocations using the user above's method. For most uses though, it might be easier just setting up a static IP address on the device you wish to allocate one to.

orestone

....."For most uses though, it might be easier just setting up a static IP address on the device you wish to allocate one to"

Caution - this is only true if the IP address that you are hoping to allocate to the device is not already in use by another device.

petros

Well, I've solved the problem. I invested in a mesh system on the weekend. The Sagemcom wifi is off so I can use it as a dumb (and slow) switch and my Orbi pair give seamless and fast coverage over my site. 

Optus, you're next. Man Mad

audentia

audentia wrote:

....."For most uses though, it might be easier just setting up a static IP address on the device you wish to allocate one to"

orestone wrote:

Caution - this is only true if the IP address that you are hoping to allocate to the device is not already in use by another device.

Yes, you are definitely correct here, it's a good point and causes a lot of issues when it occurs.

I should have elaborated on this a little further for those who may be looking at this and found the method with the session key a little too confusing. So I will add some information below, I've suggested this problem can be solved by restricting the IP addresse range the router can allocate from.

On the router page (192.168.0.1) go to:

Advanced Settings > Advanced Setup > LAN

Under enable DHCP server, change the end IP address to match this

Start IP Address: 192.168.0.2

End IP Address*: 192.168.0.99

Leased Time (hour): 24

After it is saved, restart (not reset) the router.

Settings to use when up static IP addresses on other devices:

IP Address: 192.168.0.X

where X is a number between 100-255, if setting more than one static number, ensure each one is unique

Subnet Mask:192.168.0.1

Default Gateway:192.168.0.1

Prefered/Alternate DNS Server: 192.168.0.1

Use the IP address setup above on each device, to setup port forwarding/triggering.

*yes, I feel 98 (DHCP) devices is sufficient for most people who would find value in reading this

Petros Wrote:

Well, I've solved the problem. I invested in a mesh system on the weekend. The Sagemcom wifi is off so I can use it as a dumb (and slow) switch and my Orbi pair give seamless and fast coverage over my site. 

Optus, you're next. Man Mad

I'm not exactly sure how this would solve your IP address allocations, unless your no longer using the Sagecom WiFi as the DHCP server and relying on the Orbi to allocate addresses. It does seem to be an effective way to go about it though, connect the default router up and then turn off all the features (except maybe voip if you use it for that), then connect it to another router to handle DHCP. I've still got heaps of wired connections, so would run that through a switch to share it through the house and connect to Wireless access points that way.

In regards to optus on this issue, static ip allocation/port forwarding has been around and used by even non-tech savvy customers for years, so a little disapointing. Also worth noting that there doesn't seem to be a nice way to use another DNS server (not talking about the dynamic DNS stuff), you're stuck using Optus's one without setting it up on each device/using another router.

Highlighted

nickw1984syd

Thanks for taking the time to write this Audentia. It's more than Optus has done... it's quite pathetic really.

I'll give it a go tonight and see if it works for me.!

petros

"unless your no longer using the Sagecom WiFi as the DHCP server and relying on the Orbi to allocate addresses".

Yep, that's it. Pretty happy with the outcome, except for the significant extra cost. As soon as I get hold of a small switch I'll ditch the Sagemcom altogether.

Please note that Sagemcom isn't happy to issue more than 16 IP addresses at one time (per band). Even though I found where to change that to a larger number I still had devices unable to gain an address.

nickw1984syd

I tried this with my Xbox One X, unfortunately, it didn't work.

This is such a rubbish router, the only thing that is more rubbish the Optus support on this subject.

bratislav

OPTUS please tell u how is this problem now marked as "solved" ???? 

I still get a blank page when trying to assign Static LAN address (I have devices that require to have stable LAN IP address, not to have to re-lease address every time they wake up). How is this possible in 21st century ???

OPTUS ARE YOU LISTENING???? 

I guess not, as usual "all our representatives are chatting". I'm sure there are plenty providers that DO listen ... I will never recommend Optus to anyone. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
27 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos