Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sagemcom F@ST 3864V3 HP

bkwik1972

Hello there, 

Can anyone or Optus Tech tell me what are the specifications for the SAGEMCOM F@ST 3864V3 HP modem that I have got?  I am smartwiring my home and the electrician is asking what are the specifications.  I have been looking at the forum for an answer on the specification, but to no avail.  

Regards

Solution

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 3864V3 HP

SillyGogo

hi, what specs is the electrician looking for?

Here is the spec for the V3, which is similar to the HP, I found the HP has better range, maybe the transmiting power is higher

Sagemcom F@st 3864 AC V3 Modem Optus

Specifications 

Dimensions 
247 x 200 x 33 mm 
Weight 
586 g 
LAN ports 

USB ports 

Phone ports 
2 x FXS 
LAN speed 
10/100/1000 Mbps 
Frequency band 
Dual Band 
Wi-Fi standard 
802.11b/802.11g/802.11n/802.11ac 
Wi-Fi speed 
Up to 450 Mbps 
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) 
Yes 
IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) 
Yes 
Built-in firewall 
Yes 
Wi-Fi encryption 
WEP/WPA/WPA2 
Parental control 
Yes 
NAT (Network Address Translation) 
Yes 
DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 
Yes 
QoS (Quality of Service) 
Yes

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

bkwik1972

Yes, that's what I'm looking for.  It's the Lan and WIFI speed I'm after.

Thank you!!!Smiley Happy

Renrut47

Is the HP better than the 3864 AC V3 which is pretty useless.  I asked Optus if they had a better modem and they said theat the 3864 AC V3 was the only one they used.   I am intending to get a real modem such as the Fritz modem instead of the rubish Sagecom one they provide.

[ Edited ]
SillyGogo

@Renrut47 I found the HP is better than the V3, better range and wifi stability. I have a highset home, first floor(same as the modem location) able to get full speed and full signal. Downstairs full speed and signal for 70% of the location, about 80% speed and 60% signal at the far corners of the home. At the end of the day, it is a standard modem. It doesn't have alot of the advanced features that the Fitz can provide. Its all depends on what you  want to do want how demanding you are with the modem. 

Be aware that you might loose the Optus home phone for BYO modem 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Feduptoo

I recently received this modem from OPTUS as a replacement for my original OPTUS modem that was set up when the NBN was installed about 3 years ago, which just stopped working. I have to say I preferred the reliability of the old one! This new modem is a piece of crap! I live in a single story, not overly large home and the modem is in the front of the house next to the NBN box, and the wifi signal is fine.  As I move to the other end of the house (approx 8 metres) the signal strength drops off and quite frequently drops out all together.  Has virtually ended my ability to stream on my Apple TV at the far end of the house as the connection just disappears. I also have to say, so much for the dual band function... this one only seems to have the 5GHz available, fast but unreliable in its connectivity... where is the 2.4GHz option?  I can’t believe this is the best OPTUS can offer!?

I would happily go back to original modem or buy and alternative that I can connect my home phone to if any one has any ideas? If Optus don’t help with my issue then I may end up moving to another provider. 

Ironic that OPTUS call themselves the yescrowd, more like nope to me. 🤬

Chrisj115

If you're "Smart"wiring your home doesn't that by definition exclude the Sagemcom?

Mkrtich

Hi Feduptoo - I came across this post when I was searching for the F@ST3864HP specifications this morning, so not sure if it is still a current issue for you. This post covers the F@ST 3864 V3 AC , so I was hoping for more information on the system and Wi-Fi processors.  I can't see how I can you Reply directly to your post on my screen so I assume you may recive this anyway as part of the posting group.

You indicated that you can only see the 5Ghz Wi-Fi radio which may be the way it is set up at the factory. If you go to the Admin System Settings/ Wireless and go to the bottom of 5GHz  page - deselect the two Beamforming options ticked in Default and Save. You will then see both the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz SSID separately and be able to selectively connect your devices to their respective favoured Wi-Fi SSID. My Apple TV Gen 3 supports for HD Movies from streaming services and uses 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi band. If  your Apple TV is a Gen 4 which supports 5Ghz, it may provide you with a stronger connection on the 2.4Ghz band.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos