Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jetperson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN connect to nbn

The firmware version of my modem is SG4Y1T000109.

I believe the issue is the privilege of the login user "Optus".  Can you switch the Connection type between PPP and DHCP?

Connection Type is display field in my modem.  I believe the privilege of user "Optus" in my modem is a lot lower than that in your modem.  A lot of fields in my modem are read-only.  Do you know the default admin password?  Every modem should come with default Admin password.

I also consider to do factory reset on my modem. Do you know whether factory reset will affect my current Optus Cable connection?

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@jetperson wrote:

The firmware version of my modem is SG4Y1T000109.

I just updated my to 109 and I still get the PPP.

I get the same screen as you (i.e. with out the PPP section) when I have an internet connection in the WAN port. So, as I said multiple times before, you must not have any cables connected to the WAN/DSL ports if you want to see the PPP section.

0 Kudos
jetperson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to mention in my previous post, and I tested it under No Internet connection.

Here is the step I did in early morning.

1. Remove all data cables and power cable at the back of modem

2. After at least 30 minutes, only connect power cable

3. Login to 192.168.0.1 using "Optus" from Firefox browser on my laptop

4. I still see the connect type is "DHCP", and no "PPP" available"

Any step I missed here?  I think restarting my laptop is irrelevant.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Your steps are fine. You didn't have to leave it unplugged long, just 10 seconds would have been enough.

You definitely don't need restart the laptop. After updating to v109, when I was connected to the internet I had no PPP section showing, but I just disconnected the WAN cable and waited 30 seconds and refreshed the page and the PPP section showed up.

Now the really strange part is that I just fired up the modem (no internet cable) to check something before writing this post and now I can't see the PPP section any more. So it looks like the PPP functionality has now been removed.

0 Kudos
jetperson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It is so sad.  It seems that this modem cannot be used for NBN.

I want to do a factrory reset. Do you think that it will affect my current Optus Cable connection?

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@jetperson wrote:

It seems that this modem cannot be used for NBN.

It can, but just with some ISPs, not all.

I want to do a factrory reset. Do you think that it will affect my current Optus Cable connection?

If its working now with Optus cable then it should be able to do a factory reset no problem.

0 Kudos
Alexer_Eternity
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc It worked, will it work with another isp other then optus?

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc It worked, will it work with another isp other then optus?

I have no idea. I don't recall seeing anyone comment that they have done so, but the more I think about it I think the answer is no.

I originally thought that it might have been PPPoE but just mislabelled as PPP (because there is a lot of sloppiness in the firmware) as that is what is used with NBN, but I forgot that these are Optus' current all purpose fixed line modem so it would still need to support legacy DSL connections for the ADSL stragglers that still haven't migrated across to NBN, so  it does make sense to have PPP support. 

0 Kudos