Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Orkun
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagemcom 5366TN Modem IP Adress

We received our modem and have set it up. It is working fine and nbn is running but I am wondering if the ip can be changed on it.

Our entire network is set up in the 192.168.1.1-254 range which includes printers, workstations, servers, firewalls etc and it would be much easier to change the modem from the 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1

I have logged into the modem and attempted the change but it will not hold so either this cannot be achieved or I am doing something wrong and there does not seem to be any manuals available for the modem.

Waiting for tech support during these times is difficult so I thought my chances of getting a reply might be better here.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN Modem IP Adress

@Orkun wrote:

I am wondering if the ip can be changed on it.

Yes.

@Orkun wrote:

192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1

I've changed mine to 192.168.50.1, so its definitely possible.

I have logged into the modem and attempted the change but it will not hold so either this cannot be achieved or I am doing something wrong

Assuming you have the black 5366TN and not the new Optus Ultra WiFi which appears to be based on the 5366TH, you may have old faulty firmware.

If your firmware version is SG4Y1T000031 its the faulty one that its initially shipped with and which can not hold an IP address change. You can force a firmware update (to SG4Y1T000105 or later) by rebooting the modem via the maintenance menu.

Orkun
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN Modem IP Adress

Thank you

You were spot on and a forced firmware update as you suggested has worked and now it is holding the IP.

0 Kudos