cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagemcom 5366 and Orbi with Phone Line

I have FTTC newly installed and Optus supplied modem Sagemcom 5366 has firmware that does not allow the setting of the DNS.

I have been looking at replacing with Orbi Mesh router but this does not allow for phone line.

I am prepared to purchase new router but looking at the Orbi Mesh RBK50 as best but do not really want to lose phone land line.

Any suggestions/configurations to allow for DNS setting but also to keep the phone line?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366 and Orbi with Phone Line

To work around DNS, you can set the DNS in the connected devices themselves rather than the 5366.

If you use another router to connect to internet, you can plug the 5366 into its LAN port and still use the 5366 for phone. You may need to do a bit of tweaking to settings on the new router though.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Sagemcom 5366 and Orbi with Phone Line

Hi
Download the Netgear Orbi app, plug the Orbi router into the Sagecom and follow the instructions in the app. Once all connected you can amend the DNS in the Orbi and your phone will still work from the Sagecom.
Edit, just realised the 5366 has an issue where it hijacks the DNS so untill Optus upgrade the Sagecom this will not be a solution.
https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/DNS-Hijacking-F-ST-5366/m-p/588017#M17772%2Fjump-to%2Ffirst-unr...

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos