Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MiJuDesign
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366 TN bridge mode

In that case, it is purely LAN and WIFI bridging as a satellite hardware node. Original Post updated. 

0 Kudos
mpecher
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a FTTN connection and need bridge mode (large Unify setup).

I've been using my own BYOD modem for the last 12 months instead of the Optus Sagemcom.

However I also get a optus landline in my optus package, which I have now lost as I am not using the Optus device.

Is there a way for me to use my own byod modem (as I need bridge) and still be able to use the Optus landline I would normally be able to access via the Sagemcom?

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Hey @mpecher. At this stage, only Optus supplied modems can work with your Optus Landline service, as your main network connection and the modem is specially configured to your phone number. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

MiJuDesign
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Your question is about VOIP port forwarding. There are other threads about placing Optus products behind another router and enabling the ports in the main router to point towards the Optus router somewhere on the lan.

Just keep in mind you may have issues with later versions of Optus firmware.

Try pointing ports 5060-5061 to the Optus supplied modem.

This information may be out of date but there will be a port number you can use.
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Kyri_YC wrote:

You can read more on this matter on our community post "Can I use my BYO MODEM on the NBN?".

That link does not work. There is a "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." error.

@mpecher  wrote:

Is there a way for me to use my own byod modem (as I need bridge) and still be able to use the Optus landline I would normally be able to access via the Sagemcom?

You can use the Sagemcon just for the phone as follows:

1) Connect the Sagemcom WAN port to a BYOD LAN port. Note that the Sagemcom's default IP address is 192.168.0.1, so if your BYOD has the same IP address then you will have to change the Sagemcom's IP address to something else first.

2) Once connected, your BYOD will issue the Sagemcom's WAN port an IP address (separate to the Sagemcom's main IP address). Now in your BYOD make that a static IP address.

3) In BYOD forward port 5060 TCP/UDP to the static IP address you just set up.

And that should be it for most BYOD's. If it does not work then check your BYOD for a SIP ALG/SIP Passthrough setting and make sure that is disabled. 

Note: You should turn off the Sagemcom's WIFI as you won't be needing it as you are just using it for phone.

0 Kudos