Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom 5366 TN bridge mode

Hi everyone, does anyone know how to enable the bridge mode for the Sagemcom F@ST 5366TN. I am pairing it with my Netgear Orbi. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366 TN bridge mode

No bridge mode. Are you trying to solve a specific problem?

What type of internet do you have FTTN , FTTC etc?

Do you use the Optus phone connected to the 5366?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is a deal breaker for me too.
I've got an established network, with a firewall/router, switch, and WiFi hotspots.

I just need a bridge (like I've been doing with my cable modem).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@lordvader wrote:

I've got an established network, with a firewall/router, switch, and WiFi hotspots.

I just need a bridge (like I've been doing with my cable modem).

OK then, same questions for you as I asked R3XNebular, as your options (if any) depend on your answers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OK.
I currently have a cable modem in bridge mode. Behind the modem is a firewall/router, a switch, and various wifi hotspots.

There are multiple VLANs setup, as well as custom port forwarding and firewall rules. There's also a private DNS in there...
So bridging is kinda important.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That doesn't answer either of my questions. its the NBN connection type that you will be migrating that  I need to know.

If for example you will be getting FTTC/Fixed Wireless/FTTP or NBN Cable then you're all good as you can plug your current router directly into the NBN box and not have to use the 5366 at all other then the initial service activation and for any tech support call you may make.

If its FTTN or FTTB on the other hand, that's a problem unless your current router/firewall is also an ADSL2+ modem.

Now as for Optus landline, if you will not be using it then you need to do nothing, otherwise you will need use the 5366, but that can connected to your switch, with minimal to no changes to your router/firewall.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry - I was answering the "problem to solve bit"!

I'm moving onto FttN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

... with no intent on using the landline
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@lordvader wrote:
OK.
I currently have a cable modem in bridge mode. Behind the modem is a firewall/router, a switch, and various wifi hotspots.

There are multiple VLANs setup, as well as custom port forwarding and firewall rules. There's also a private DNS in there...
So bridging is kinda important.

With FTTN the Optus supplied modem/router is only needed for 3 specific purposes. 1) The initial provisioning/activation of the NBN service, and 2)  used for tech support validation/troubleshooting as Optus have remote access to it, and 3) Phone. So, apart from those specific needs, any 3rd party ADSL2+ modem should work fine using a IPoE/Dynamic IP WAN connection type.

While the 5366 dosen't have bridge mode bridging , putting your firewall/router in its DMZ might be good enough. I don't know if you'll still end up double natted, but there is an option to disable NAT in the firewall section, although I don't know if that will have any affect when DMZ'd. From memory, DMZ bypasses the 5366's firewall just fine, so you should be able to fully control that from your firewall/router.

As for DNS, your private DNS I think should be fine as the 5366 only prevent you setting custom static DNS for any devices connected directly to it.

Let us know how it goes after you make the switch to NBN.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.
Once my nbn connection gets fixed up (currently having sync and speed issues), I'll attach it to the rest of my network
0 Kudos