Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom 5366 TN 4g backup

Hi, I have the above modem and the NBN works fine. How do I know if the 4G works??? Last week the NBN went down and I could not use the internet until the NBN was restored, this means to me that the 4G backup did not work!!! Can someone please tell me how or if I can test the modem to see if the 4G works?? and if I have access to the sim card??? Thank you .

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366 TN 4g backup

How do I know if the 4G works???.

Q: How do I know when my Optus Ultra WiFi modem has switched to 4G back up mode? 

A: The Optus Ultra WiFi modem has a Network and Signal light indicator. When the modem is in 4G back up mode, the Network indicator will light up. The Signal indicator will display the strength of your 4G signal.  

Can someone please tell me how or if I can test the modem to see if the 4G works?? 

Just unplug the WAN or DSL cable (which ever one you are using) , that will kill your main internet connection and force the backup to kick in, although I don't know longs its suppose to take before it kicks in.

If you power off/on the Ultra while its disconnected from the WAN/DSL I would expect the backup to kick in within a couple of minutes (most of that time being just the modem doing its normal boot up).

if I have access to the sim card???

It should already be pre-inserted in the back of the modem.

If it still does not work then you may be one of the unlucky 800 people to receive an incorrect SIM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi - Sometimes the SIMs are not seated correctly or pushed into a locking position. It should spring pop out if you gently press it in. Remove it and make sure it is re-inserted, ensuring correct alignment of the notch until you hear it click-lock back in, then try the tests again. You should see its standby presence in the admin screen menu of the modem as well - if you don't, the SIM may not be activated or the 4G Controller chip inside is faulty - you will have to contact Optus to arrange a remote diagnosis.

Not sure if any lock applies to the 4G BackUp feature, but if all is OK with the modem and you haven't received a replacement SIM and suffer further extended NBN outages, it may be feasible to use your Optus Mobile SIM in the modem as an interim arrangement pending arrival of your new SIM. Other carriers SIMs may also work but would require some program changes. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom 5366 TN Modem 4G backup.

Thank you Mkrtich and YetAnotherAcc for your replies to my question. I have done all the things you both have suggested, the modem does not have a Sim card position on either the front or back of the modem!! Maybe it is internal but there is no access to it from the outside of it??? Any other suggestions??? Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366 TN Modem 4G backup.

The only model with a 4G backup is this Ultra version which is based on the 5366 and is what I assumed you had as you expected it to have 4G backup.

Do you have the Ultra version? If not, did you actually order/expect an Ultra version.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366 TN Modem 4G backup.

YetAnotherAcc, thank you for your information, I have checked the modem and found that Optus did not supply me the "ULTRA MODEM, I have contacted them and hopefully I will get what I have paid for!!!! Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mkrtich, Optus have supplied me the wrong modem, have been in touch and they will send me the "ULTRA MODEM" the modem that I paid for, thanks again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. Good that it is all sorted. Cheers