Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ciscozest
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom 3864V3AC Static route - HOW

Hi all. I just installed Optus NBN and I could not setup static route on te NBN device Sagemcom 3864V3AC. The firmware seems quite buggy but the main feature I am looking for is creating static routes for LAN. Has anyone done this before on the device and able to share? Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 3864V3AC Static route - HOW

Possibly its not an option. The Optus modem is pretty basic in its features (to minimise customer problems). Might be best to look into getting a different modem for these more involved options.

Not 100% on your terminolgy though. Can you explain why you need a static route in a LAN? Are you just wanting your networked devices to have a fixed IP?

Regards 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
ciscozest
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The reason is I have home lab running Virtual Machines in multiple network which need to sync NTP, resolve DNS, etc. 

Even my old Netgear DGND3700 can do more features (ie: parental control based on keyword, static route), that Sagemcom cannot do 😞

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sounds like you need to bring in your own device. The Optus modem is really only designed to connect the customer to the internet and provide wifi. You need the Optus modem in your network to maintain a landline if that's inportant to you. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
ciscozest
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Peter. If I buy an NBN modem that has analog phone line port (RJ11), would this work without the Optus supplied NBN modem? I am on FTTN.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sorry but the answer is nope

The NBN is not analogue. If you want a land line with Optus you must have the Optus modem in the mix. Other isps let you use any modem but not Optus. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

0 Kudos
ciscozest
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks Peter. In that case I will keep using just Optus modem. My workaround for home lab is setting up NAT on virtual router. At least my lab can survive 🙂

0 Kudos
Top Contributors