Searching...
Highlighted

Sagemcom 3864V3 problem

TechEd

i am a new subscriber to Optus NBN and have received and started to setup my router (Sagemcom 3864V3). Everything seems OK, i.e. the lights that are required are all on, however, the router does not appear to be broadcasting the wifi SSID. At least I cannot see the SSID from any of the devices I am trying to connect (via wifi). I, therefore, cannot connect any device. I can access the internet by connecting my iMac via ethernet.

I also cannot access the router configuration and setup through http://192.168.0.1 - the username and password that arrived at the same time as the modem do not provide access.  I thought if I could access the router configuration I could see if the SSID was hidden as a default ( I know it's a long shot)

So I am at a loss as how to proceed.

Have tried the chat line without any success and am a bit reluctant to try that avenue again - unless I have to...

Would appreciate any thoughts on this issue.

Re: Sagemcom 3864V3 problem

SamSam

Have you tried resetting the modem? There should be a small, pin hole on the back or bottom that if you press something into for 10+ seconds you'll see all the lights flash and factory reset

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

TechEd

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I have tried that without success.

I have narrowed down the problem to two issues:

1. the modem isn't broadcasting the SSID - or at least not that any of my devices can see.

2. the passwords given to me by Optus will not let me access the modem's "Configure and Setup" mode.

Everything seems to be working (all the lights are on) except I can't see the network so I can't use the wifi.

Tano

Hey @TechEd, so the WiFi light is also on/flashing? When you enter 192.168.0.1 in your browser (on the device connected via ethernet), does it show "You are connected to the internet"? Are there any wireless networks with a "_5GHz" in the name?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

TechEd

Thanks for your reply - the problem has been fixed.

I went on the Chat Line and went through a lot of checks to conclude that the modem is not working properly. Optus are sending out a replacement.

The fault appeared to be that the modem was not broadcasting the SSID. Everything seemed to be working properly with all the appropriate lights on but no SSID listed when I tried to connect a device (and I tried several devices)

Once again, thanks for everyones' interest and replies.

Madeleine2323

Hi, my housemates and I just got our nbn connected and we have the Sagemcom 3864V3 WiFi Home Gateway Modem and also a phone line. Internets been working fine all day without a hitch, but just now the modem decided to reset itself, no one turned it off. 

I was just wondering if anyone out there was experiencing the same issues and if so, how did you resolve the issue. It's a brand new modem so there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. Could it possibly be something to do with the line itself?

Thanks in advance if anyone can get back to me about this. 

Askmeok

Date:July 2019, i got new NBN connect. I found out my device such playstation or tv etc.. can not find wifi network from the router Sagemcom. I read few comments and found out that the Sagemcom router have two bandwidth 2.4Ghz (on or off) and other one is 5Ghz (on or off). So make sure login to the router account 192.168.0.1 enter username and password (found it at the back of router). And then go router wireless setting, you should wo or w1 etc . Click one of them to enable or disable and then you should see 2.4ghz or 5ghz bandwidth. I recommend turn both bandwidth (on) so most old and latest devices (iphone, tv, multimedia etc)  can be use on these network. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos