cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor n3xv5
Occasional Contributor

Saegemcom F@ST3864AC no wifi AC mode available

I've recently received F@ST3864AC software version 8.358_F@ST3864AC_Optus and wireless driver 6.37.14.4803.cpe4.14L04.0-kdb and in the 5Ghz wifi settings it clearly shows Wifi N only no Wifi AC available. ANyone know if there is newer firmware available because the spec clearly shows it's wifi AC

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Moderator Aman_B

Re: Saegemcom F@ST3864AC no wifi AC mode available

Hey @n3xv5, have you contacted our techs on 131344 to get an update on the software? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor n3xv5
Occasional Contributor

I've tried the chat help and the operator can't tell me what's the latest firmware

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Heya! The firmware updates are pushed through automatically so it should have the latest version, happy to check out what modem was sent to you though if you can PM your full name, DOB and the Internet username or your account number.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor lachyzee
New Contributor

I have this same problem, does anyone know a fix?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I have same device since 10/2016 and have been connected by AC dongle and AC setting on Fetch TV Mighty continuously since then (with no issues). I have the same firmware as you. I am presently connected by an AC dongle (USB) which is showing speed of 867 Mbps - that's AC speed.

The only relevant/available setting is Channel (Auto or 36/80). Start with auto and, if there are issues, switch to 36/80.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

No fix required - please refer to my previous post.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Might I suggest you change the SSID name to a different one to the 2.4 completely as a first move. then try these settings in your wireless w|1 under the advanced settings. The channel may be different for you, being auto set.  I found that by changing the SSID  it was the first move to completely make the two frequencies visible even though they were on different MHz. You can keep the password if you want, I went the whole hog and changed the SSID on both FREQ, so there is no mistaking which one is which.

Band: 5ghz
Channel: auto  Current: 161

Auto Channel Timer(min)
802.11n/EWC: auto
Bandwidth: 20MHz:  Current: 40MHz

Control Sideband: Lower:    Current: Upper

802.11n Rate: auto
802.11n Protection: auto
Support 802.11n Client Only: off
RIFS Advertisement: auto
OBSS Co-Existance: off
RX Chain Power Save: off
Power Save status:Full Power
RX Chain Power Save Quiet Time:
RX Chain Power Save PPS:10
54g™ 54g™ Rate: 6
Multicast Rate: auto
Basic Rate: default
Fragmentation Threshold:
RTS Threshold:
DTIM Interval:
Beacon Interval:
Global Max Clients:
XPress™ Technology: enabled
Regulatory Mode:disabled
Pre-Network Radar Check:60
In-Network Radar Check:60
TPC Mitigation(db): 0 off
Transmit Power: 100%
WMM(Wi-Fi Multimedia): enabled

WMM No Acknowledgement: disabled
WMM APSD: disabled
Beamforming Transmission (BFR): enabled
Beamforming Reception (BFE): enabled
If you go through life with your head buried in the sand,......all people will see is an ass..!
I am an OPTUS customer and NOT in their service.!!!!