cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

SLOW NBN network

Hi, 

This is my 2nd month using NBN optus. My first month towards NBN optus was satisfying, stable and interent speed that I was guaranteed. However, starting from my 2nd month, internet speed was lying around 4~7mb/s. I am paying for 1.5MB/s which i should be looking around 12~14mb/s. The download speed is horrible and so is the stability. I changed from vodafone to Optus due to their reputation, but this disspaoints me. Anyone else having similar problem ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: SLOW NBN network

Hi @Echo98, Before someone can answer please advise the following:

• What NBN technology is your service?
  • What speed is your service?
  • Are you connected via WiFi or Ethernet?
  • How many other devices are also connected?
    • You can go into your modem/router (192.168.0.1) and click on My Network to see all devices that are connected.
  • Has anything changed on your side between month 1 and month 2?
  • You mentioned that you bought a 1.5MB/s service - how did you do this?
    • Optus don't usually guarantee a speed, so interested in what product/service you bought.

That said, your problems could be CVC congestion but we need to knock out anything within your control so you can be sure where the problem(s) lay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

• What NBN technology is your service?

What do you mean as NBN technology ? I chose the $60 NBN on a brand new building that was built 3 months ago.

• What speed is your service?

Majority of the time, the service is around 7Mb/s.

• Are you connected via WiFi or Ethernet?

Ethernet

• How many other devices are also connected?

3 device connected

• Has anything changed on your side between month 1 and month 2?

Interestingly, yes. First month had stable internet of 10Mb/s. Second month dropped to 0.1Mb/s to 7Mb/s. Horrible and unstable internet.

• You mentioned that you bought a 1.5MB/s service - how did you do this?

This was my bad, 12Mb/s download speed to be exact.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Echo98, I know with the $60 Plan your speed would be set at 12/1Mbps, have you since spoken with our Faults team about what's going on there? 

If not, please PM me with your username/account number and I'd be happy to run a few tests on my end for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos