Searching...
Highlighted

Re: SLOW NBN INTERNET

naik_michel

OPTUS SINGLTEL is the worst network in Australia

Is this the slowest NBN in the southern hemisphere? here's my data on 100Mbps/40Mbps  from the slow Optus NBN line:

(They will try to find all the excuses they can on the phone (Case management) and on this forum with tech support....Repport your results to TIO Obusdman) they will get fined $10,000 per case...

But 2-5 Mbps on 100 Mbps download speed is not acceptable doesn't matter their excuses!!

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.33.46 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.33.37 pm.jpg

Want more proof ? Look here on my SLOW Optus NBN 100Mbps/40Mbps plan in Sydney: 

http://beta.speedtest.net/results?sh=0d7d110f28ec9567d071fc6263b8dc2c

Can't get any worst in Sydney City ! Post your speeds cos they are slacking !

MarsG

Definitely TIO, I'm out of options and had enough of excuses... basically chagning everything is a pain and they know it, so drop my monthly internet charge to the proportional amount of the actualy service I'm receiving until I get my full speed.  

miloway
At 5.00pm, my download speed gets down to around 6Mbps and when I am trying miserably to watch a streaming episode of Friends, the stop start and freeze is ridiculous. The service is hopeless.

Carl109

Your results are similar to mine were before Optus finally bought more capacity in my area - great upload speeds, but terrible download speed, especially in the early evening. Basically Optus (and possibly other retailers) are switching customers to NBN when they don't have enough bandwidth, and they know it. I've complained to NBN Co that retailers should not be allowed to connect customers before they can show they have purchased enough capacity.

jasiano

You may not even need to go to TIO as that takes time if you're keen to leave. 

i called the Optus support team a number of times over a couple of weeks, each time no definitive answer on when they would resolve (ie. buy more capacity) the issue. So I just told the retention team to cancel my plan without a fee and they obliged. Pretty sure that is the instruction they're given - ie. customers who complain enough on the record are to be let go.

McM13

Having exactly the same issues of late. Rang them yesterday, I was told (eventually!) to try using a different posrt on the modem! Really not impressed with either the service or levels of tech support on offer. 

Toomey

@McM13 feel free to shoot me a private message to check this out. If there's on-going issues with the service, we can discuss other options moving forward. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MarsG

No Need, I was contacted by Optus after 2 TIO complaints and was, AGAIN,  told that its congestion and that they dont know when the system will be updraded. Basically I'm off contract.

A few mates with same issues with optus connected with "my republic" and were getting 70Mbps+ on a FTTN line so will be looking at subscribing with them.

Edstar

My NBN is also slow all school holidays and peak times. I am getting between 2.8 mbps and 4.8 with a normal speed of 22 mbps. I ring optus all the time complaining about congestion and speed they have been saying they they are working on it and its NBNs fault for a year and a half.

I rang last night to be told its only my second complaint so they are deleting records of my speed complaints now.

I will never use optus again i feel thus is corrupt conduct and im looking to het out of my contract and to find a new provider.

Optus you are scammers.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
112 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos