cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor MickeyMiles
New Contributor

SLOW FTTP ON 100/40

I' on the 100/40 plan with Optus and I have fiber to the premise connection. Why is my down load speed so slow I get 47mbs on a good day, it is very intermittent sometimes as slow as 3mbs. My upload speed is always 38mbs it never changes so no complaints there. I use a be netgear nighthawk X6 router. 

HOW do I get this fixed? Anyone? OPTUS CAN YOU LOOK INTO THIS FOR ME ASAP. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SLOW FTTP ON 100/40

Its possible its equipment in your house, but from what you describe there's an issue with your NBN connection. A speedtest outside of peak hours (7pm - 11pm) should always return around 100Mbps download on FTTP. Have you noticed if slow downs in your speed happen mainly in peak hours?

The good news is it should be a pretty easy fix. Instead of yelling at fellow customers I suggest you contact Optus direct (Livechat 24/7) and request someone do some tests on your line. If they can't find a fix then you could request they send a NBN tech out to diagnose the issue. 

Note the problem could also be your modem. Sometimes a hard reset and reconfigure will fix that (YOu may be able to save configuration settings before the hard reset). Alternatively raise the possibility of Optus sending out a replacement modem.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors