Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Gennagc
Contributor
Contributor

SIM card for Home Fixed Line?

Fixed Line Handset currently plugged into Sagemcom 5366 TN Phone1 port. Can one get a Landline SIM card to use it in an old Mobile Phone, so your Landline becomes mobile (travel)? Makes Managing landline Calls easir too.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
z_hook

Re: SIM card for Home Fixed Line?

Hey @Gennacgc,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately this is unable to be done. You can divert your landline calls to your mobile service however this means the calls will only ring on your mobile and not your landline. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Gennagc
Contributor
Contributor

@z_hook  Optus VOIP services are not viable for some home users, cost does not justify purpose.  I was looking at turning my Home Phone into either an old Mobile Phone or fixed wireless landline phone Android 7.1 with 2sim & SD card.  AU VOIP is more for business purposes, there is a huge need for people like me, who just want to control their Home Phone & Mobile Phone Records from their PC.

0 Kudos
Gennagc
Contributor
Contributor

My only other option seems to be a Voice Bridge, not sure why ISP's don't cash in on a a niche market

0 Kudos