Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

SAGEMCOM GATEWAY FAST 3864OP MODEM

I have a Sagemcom 3864OP modem. Our home phone is connected to it and in the main it works extremely well. I am very happy with it apart from one BAD feature. Our Security System requires a phone to communicate with the monitors of system. The big problem is, if we have a power outage, and then the power comes back on, the internet reboots immediately but the phone does not. it must be manually reset by turning the modem OFF and ON again. That is fine if we are home, but if we go on holidays and this happens, there is NO monitoring of the Security System after an outage, even if only for minutes. I am at a loss as to explain why it does not come back up with the internet when in reality, manually rebooting the modem is the same as turning the power off and on again IMHO. Can anyone please throw some light on this for me. Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: SAGEMCOM GATEWAY FAST 3864OP MODEM

As a outside the box solution, I had a similar (non security related issue). I bought a cheap power timer (something like this) and set it to turn off the power the modem at 3am each day (you could do any time cycle you like). That way the system properly resets at least once a day if you are away.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you Peter. So simple. I tried unplugging and re-plugging and it worked. For the life of me I cannot understand how this differs from a power outage and then coming back on, but it works. Hail the "outside the box" thinking. Thank you so much to you and Yes Crowd.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have recently changed address and re connected to Optus Cable. The equipment installed was a Netgear CM500V and a Sagecom 3864OP. I am not on NBN but have been advised it will be available shortly. My past set up I had a single modem which was connected to an Apple Time Machine and provided more than acceptable wifi performance. If not connected to the NBN why do I need the Sagecom now. May be sometime in the future? I am not really savy with modems/routers etc. How do I configure WIFI without Sagecom??

0 Kudos