cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor mcgreh
New Contributor

SAGEMCOM F@ST 3864AC Blocking ports to xbox one?

So the issue im having arose yesterday out of the blue when my xbox suddenly stopped working and wouldnt connect to the internet. It kept coming up saying that it could not get a "Teredo IP adress" and that some ports are being blocked. After spending hours and hours looking through forums to try and find a fix nothing seems to work. I have tried restoring factory defaults, setting up a DMZ, port fowarding. The xbox is still coming up with the same messages.

My biggest issue is with the *moderated* SAGEMCOM the advanced settings interface is terrible and i dont understand why Optus are issuing such peices of *moderated*. If i could just enable IPv6 on the modem I feel like that would clear up the issue. Would I be able to just grab a good modem/router from JB HI FI and swap it out instead? My home phone currently has to connect to the back of the modem as well so I need to find a way around this to keep my phone line working.

40 Replies
New Contributor mcgreh
New Contributor

Re: SAGEMCOM F@ST 3864AC Blocking ports to xbox one?

If i connect my xbox to any other network it connects and works fine. Something to do with our network at home and the xbox wont work and is causing this teredo tunnelling error

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @mcgreh, thanks for raising this with us, it certainly is a bizarre fault. You mentioned it came our of nowhere, were there any software updates to your Xbox recently?

Your network/modem settings wouldn't change on our end unless done manually by someone, so there's no reason for this to start occurring. Have you reached out to Microsoft for advice?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Infinity17
Occasional Contributor

i have the same issue.

it happens on all my xboxes now (3 of them) especially the xbox one X

DHCP or teredo issues or nothing happening at all. wireless works fine for the most part but still has the same issue with it not connecting.

i have the V3 AC modem and i have it hardwired strsit to the modem and still had this issue i requested a new modem and still the same . i tried everything , it should work flawlessly wired , as when it does work its perfect i find the issue lies with the modem because as soon as my devices get switched off or sleep they just dont connect because of some settings in the modem stopping them from communicating with my xboxs especially . it doesnt even say error mostly just doesnt work saying your internet is GOOD but cant connect , either DHCP sever issue or teredo ip issue which is xbox but the communication with the modem is the problem. this being my second modem with this issue optus should allow us the information to make it communicate with our xboxes or computers as they are the bread and butter for optus and its fast speed NBN customers. majority of us are using these kind of media players and rely on them day to day.

everything i have done has led to this modem and its settings .

i have called optus and the tech had no clue compared as i told him what i had tried on the first modem and he said there is nothing else i know to do , it must be the modem, ehich in part it was as the wireless did keep not working.

with the new modem the wireless works , but the wired still does not. 

i called microsoft and even got a new console as this should not be happening AND STILL even with a new console same issue from day ONE, 

SO OPTUS TEAM , what to do now .. need someone to contact me that is obviously a higher level than a standard tech that knows what we are trying fix as this issue should not be happening and modems like this should now be made.

the older white one never had these issues . i might have to purchase a new modem but would like to know if there are any restictions to what i can buy EVEN THO i should not be paying for a new one as i have just started another 24 month contract with you guys and have been with optus for over a decade ...

another note i have been disconnected MANY times on the support chat as no one obviously wants to chat about somethingthey cant help with . 

thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Thanks for sending through this info, it's definitely something I can follow up with our network team. Just to confirm, your Xbox can't connect to the internet at all, or intermittently? Can you provide me with a clear breakdown of when/how the issue occurs, along with any error messages for me to pass on to our engineers for advice?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi thanks for the reply and hope we can find a solution on this modem that allows access or information between it and my main devices. 

Problem With the xbox one x and Xbox one is intermittent. It works perfectly one day then you switch them off and on again and it either won't logo with errors of "no toredo ip address" or "cannot connect to dhcp server" or just plain nothing with stating 70mbps download 0 up and 70 % packet loss data and whether. You download it does Nothing, also, 

When I login to the modem it's like they are connected but not allowing traffic through . 

I have tried static ip addresses and still same issues  Open ports, setting them as DMZ. All same issue.

When this happens my best fix without having to hard reset 20 times a day is to unplug network cable while everything is still on and plug back in so the xbox can communicate with modem and usually if fixes it and works perfectly (93mbps/42mbps) 0% packet loss  .

So there is definitely a modem software setup issue as this is a new modem I have since the Last was faulty as faulty and was Replaced which was worse. Hope we can rectify this as it shouldn't be happening. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Have you tried adding your console's MAC address to the modem's list of authorised MAC addresses (it's in "Network Settings" > "Advanced Settings" I believe)? I just want to make sure all bases have been covered before we pass this onto our engineers. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi thanks again I will try this and get back to you soon, I also find on wifi to my mac that I have to keep switching bands for it to load but I haven't really looked into it as It could Be a Simple Fix.

Here I go. Again . 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Gaucca
Occasional Contributor

I am also having the exact same issue with my modem F@ST3864V3AC not communicating with my Xbox One X, I have tried all the troubleshooting steps, the only thing that works is rebooting the modem then I will be connected perfectly to xbox live no issues at all. However after turning off my xbox the modem will fail to communicate with it the next time I turn it on. The issue definitely lies with the modem or its firmware.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @Gaucca, I'm drafting something up to send through to the network guys now. Just to clarify, are you just turning your console off in standby mode (single press of the power button on console, or via the controller), or are you doing a hard shutdown (holding down the power button for a few seconds)?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors